No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

The device transmits neither video no keyboard

By Alex @belmontel
    2024-04-29 20:53:07.237Zassigned to
    • @david

We are able to access the tinypilot from the browser. However, it does not do what it should - there is no video, no keyboard translation.

The device is connected to a VGA port of the dell R410 server with the HDMI- VGA adapter and keyboard uses the USB port

We see the tinypilot on the network, but this is the extend of it. Rebooting does not do much

• 4 replies
    1. B
      Alex @belmontel
        2024-04-29 21:32:50.447Z

We tested the VGA -HDMI adapter on another PC and it works. Then we tested the tiny box with another PC that has HDMI using HDMI-HDMI cable and it works too. So, it looks like this is incompatibility of the tinypilot with this adapter. Is there an HDMI-VGA adapter that you know if compatible?

1. In reply tobelmontel:
          David @david2024-05-01 11:23:16.920Z

Hi @belmontel, I'm sorry you're running into these issues with your TinyPilot.

Thanks for those details!

It sounds like you might be running into a compatibility issue with the VGA adapter. When using the TinyPilot-branded VGA adapter in conjunction with your TinyPilot, the adapter supports these resolutions. If your target machine outputs at a different resolution, it will result in a "No Signal". If possible, switching to one of those supported resolutions on your server should resolve this display issue.

If you can't change the output resolution from your target machine, a different VGA adapter may work as long as it can output at one of TinyPilot's supported resolutions. Unfortunately, we haven't tested any other VGA adapters, so I can't give any recommendations. I've made an internal note to let the team know we should test some additional VGA adapters for scenarios like this.

Could you share a TinyPilot log with me to review? On your TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. B
            In reply tobelmontel:
            Alex @belmontel
              2024-05-06 21:15:38.964Z

Nothing works. We tried another adapter with the same negative results. Keyboard does not work either.

When trying to submit the log, get the message about 11 links -spam. This is tinypilot log, you should be able to deal with this properly

1. David @david2024-05-07 11:16:24.832Z

Thanks for the update, @belmontel, I'm sorry that your TinyPilot isn't working for you.

The issue with the forum preventing you from sharing logs may be because you're sharing the full plain text instead of the link (i.e., https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/abc123). But you bring up a good point that multiple links contained within our logs aren't inherently spam.

I've fed back to our forum provider about this issue to see if there's anything we can do to help prevent blocking legitimate posts like this in the future.

I believe our customer support team is assisting you via email. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help with here on the forum.