No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
web interface link not working
Thank you for the tiny pilot, I purchased it but the web interface link you sent me does not work. Also how can i get it to connect if I am in another country. My primary reason for buying it was to set it up on a laptop in the US and access it from ...
    Technical SupportT32022-06-20 17:11:41.540Z
    TinyPilot freezes after mounting virtual media
    Hi! I am having some trouble when mounting virtual media on Lenovo Thinkcentre M70q computers with the Voyager 2 When I mount an ISO file (both in flash and CD-ROM modes), the video freezes, and it seems to me (but it is hard to confirm because of th...
      Technical SupportD42022-06-17 21:02:27.159Z
      Factory Reset
      Hello, My name is Jacob. We were sent a KVM to test so we can try and sell it on our website 42U.com I set up a username and a password and for some reason it will not let me log in. However I do not have the order number to download the voyager2 SD ...
        Technical SupportJ12022-06-14 18:31:47.218Z
        No video with VGA to HDMI
        When I connect a pc with the VGA to HDMI I get "NO SIGNAL". It works for the same PC on the HDMI port. https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/GY6EACMX The VGA to HDMI works with a different monitor. I tried 3 different brands of HDMI cables. The VGA to HDMI a...
          Technical SupportZ32022-06-14 16:33:34.517Z
          Debian USB issues, no keyboard mouse
          I've been unable to get keyboard and mouse working when connecting to a Debian PC. The dmesg output from the PC is below and seems to indicate an issue with addressing. Any help would be appreciated
            Technical SupportA132022-06-13 19:46:09.461Z
            H264 install issue, how to check if installed
            Hi, I attempted to install H264 but got a message in terminal that connection to the network was unexpectedly terminated. And I did not get a "done" message after some libraries were being installed. How can I check whether H264 was installed?
              Technical SupportA22022-06-13 19:40:24.078Z
              What Would Happen if power was plugged into the Data Port on the Device.
              Thanks in Advance. We are planning on deploying The Tiny Pilot to several clients who may not be tech savvy. If they were to mistakenly plug the power into the data port of the device, would this ruin the device, or does the device have protection to...
                GeneralE32022-06-13 19:25:25.146Z
                No Video out
                https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/TejfFamD I've tried different USB to HDMI adapters as well as reducing the resolution on the desktop. I don't get Video Out. :/
                  Technical SupportB32022-06-09 19:26:46.678Z
                  How would the dns name tinypilot be resolved?
                  I am just curious how that would work, given the instructions say: With your TinyPilot booted, you can now access the TinyPilot web interface from any device on your local network by visiting one of the following URLs: https://tinypilot/ https://tin...
                    Technical SupportL12022-06-08 19:32:12.730Z
                    Lag after some use
                    Hi, for some reason my tinypilot ( latest version POE ) becomes very laggy after being in use for around 1h. In order to fix it I need to turn it off( removing AC and Network cable [I have both connected]. Initially I only had it connected to the POE...
                      Technical SupportS42022-06-08 19:05:29.415Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Wake on Lan not working; can't wake target computer when it sleeps or shuts down
                      I discovered the Wake on Lan feature after reading this thread: can't wake computer using mouse/keyboard I followed the instructions, but WoL isn't allowing me to wake or turn on my target computer. Also, when I physically push the power button to po...
                        Technical SupportS12022-06-02 19:10:04.380Z
                        Mouse and keyboard don't work, and No Signal when target computer sleeps
                        I'm just setting up my TinyPilot. I can see my target MacBook's screen in the web interface. But I can't control it from the web interface. On my target computer, I made sure mirror mode was turned off, and that the TP was set as the Main Display in ...
                          Technical SupportS32022-06-02 18:55:19.802Z
                          Error when updating from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1
                          In the UI, it shows error: The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 128. In SSH, when I run this command, I get this error: pilot@tinypilot:~/ngrok $ sudo /opt/tinypilot-privileged/update...
                            Technical SupportTF72022-06-01 15:37:11.386Z
                            How can I get the MAC address of the TinyPilot?
                            Hello everyone I've just go the voyager 2 device and I'm trying to get to the web interface. IPs in our network are mac-based. devices do not get an IP unless DHCP knows their MAC address. How can I get the MAC address of the tinypilot? Thank you
                              Technical SupportG32022-06-01 14:34:59.023Z
                              Can't access TinyPilot web interface during first setup
                              It sounds like this might be the same issue mentioned in this thread, but I'm not sure: can't connect Here's what I've done so far: Plugged ethernet into TP. The ethernet port currently has a flashing green light on the left, and a solid orange light...
                                Technical SupportS72022-05-30 23:45:58.874Z
                                Fan is starting to fail
                                I've had the tiny pilot for several months. This morning I noticed a grinding noise which turned out to be the TinyPilot. Is this covered by warranty? if not, are there specs for the fan that I can order a replacement?
                                  Technical SupportSJ32022-05-29 22:58:55.754Z
                                  accessing my home desktop at work
                                  hello. so i bought this kvm because it looked cool and i need to access my home desktop at work sometimes. but i have a problem, how can i access it at work without setting up a vpn? because my work computer is always on a diffrent vpn(maybe whitelis...
                                    Technical SupportTT52022-05-28 03:47:24.544Z
                                    Scrambled image on tinypilot voyager v2
                                    Hello, I just received a tinypilot voyager v2 and am having difficulties. Followed the instructions, but can't get the video signal to work. See screenshot. I double-checked the cable and confirmed that it works properly using a regular monitor. Woul...
                                      Technical SupportC22022-05-27 19:12:57.383Z
                                      "Log Out" does nothing on 2.4.1
                                      I'm running 2.4.1 (with h.264 enabled) and have noticed since upgrading that selecting "Log Out" from the TinyPilot System Menu, it does nothing (ie doesn't log out). Is this isolated to me or is it happening to others?
                                        Technical SupportS222022-05-25 23:11:31.349Z
                                        Problem in videobuf2-core ?
                                        I just made a dmesg to verify my undervoltage problem was gone (it is) and found this in the logs.. no clue what it means / if its a problem: [1399846.223492] ------------[ cut here ]------------ [1399846.223721] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 11 at drivers/me...
                                          Technical SupportD12022-05-20 18:23:57.708Z
                                          azerty keyboard layout
                                          Hello I cannot find any documentation to update the keyboard layout to "azerty". Thank you for your help, Emeric
                                            Technical SupportE52022-05-17 16:03:23.241Z
                                            NGINX Server not starting
                                            Good morning @michael! I’ve had great success and a lot of use out of the Tiny Pilot for a few weeks now. Unfortunately, when I went to log on to my tiny pilot via the web URL (IP address or host name - ssh is fine) I couldn’t connect to the web serv...
                                              Technical SupportL142022-05-16 21:27:06.040Z
                                              Updating TinyPilot behind proxy
                                              Hi, we currently have a couple of TinyPilot Voyagers and are in a company network and sitting behind a proxy. We would like to update via WebGUI but there is no way to set a proxy via webGUI. I have enabled SSH and set the proxy via command for GIT, ...
                                                Technical SupportA42022-05-13 21:04:07.976Z
                                                Reason behind using web interface
                                                Just for knowledge, I am curious to know why tinypilot is using web interface for the remote pc access? If anyone can help me understand this.
                                                  GeneralH12022-05-12 16:05:39.221Z
                                                  Hard reset of voyager v2
                                                  I need to hard reset voyager v2 because i forgot my password. Where can i find the iso for it? the ones available dont seem to work
                                                    Technical SupportJ212022-05-10 21:18:36.014Z
                                                    hardware endpoint instead of web browser? Protocol for that...
                                                    I want to read out keyboard and mouse from a USB port on one raspberry pi and forward this to the TinyPilot switch in the other end. No need for video, audio etc, and also no need for the WEB ui of TinyPilot - just want another hardware end point. Is...
                                                      Technical SupportK12022-05-06 20:23:01.622Z
                                                      Tinypilot Pro keyboard not working in BIOS?
                                                      Hello, I have a Tinypilot Pro version 2.3.2 Everything works perfectly (video streaming and keyboard/mouse emulation) However, the keyboard and mouse does not respond during BIOS or boot menu. I am using a HP Z2 Tower G5 workstation with Intel Xeon P...
                                                        Technical SupportA32022-05-06 17:09:58.526Z
                                                        Intel NUC Extreme Kit BXNUC9i7QNX - No Signal at BIOS
                                                        Hi, Just received my TinyPilot Voyager 2 today. Hooked it up and Ubuntu when loaded is coming through fine. Awesome! Tried to restart and enter the BIOS (Intel Visual BIOS) and get a no signal - seems hitting F2 has gotten me into the BIOS but nothin...
                                                          Technical SupportS252022-04-29 17:37:26.109Z
                                                          After update to 2.4.0 - no WEB gui
                                                          Hello, we've ordered a TP Voyager 2 in February this year. I've just updated the TP to latest Version 2.4.0. Now i can't access the WEB-Gui anymore. I'm able to ping the device but there is no more Web-Gui. Already tried several reboots without luck....
                                                            Technical SupportH12022-04-26 17:52:28.044Z
                                                            Video Disappears in a blink of an eye
                                                            This is an issue that I've been experiencing for a while, since I started using TinyPilot actually, but I'm finally into wanting to work towards a solution. When I visit my TinyPilot, the video displays for what seems to be one frame and then disappe...
                                                              GeneralC92022-04-25 18:06:06.489Z
                                                              Tinypilot have installed on Ubuntu having issues starting the video?
                                                              Hello I have installed the tinypilot repo on my Ubuntu 20. I am able to access the web browser and see the hostname etc. I am not sure how to check the video and audio data or access the keyboard. Can anyone guide me through how to access the video?
                                                                Technical SupportS52022-04-20 11:15:01.886Z
                                                                TinyPilot Voyager - No Signal - Persistent device timeout (unplugged)
                                                                Hello, I am using the TinyPilot Voyager with the VGA to HDMI adapter provided. Based on the logs it seems that it never detects my device. I've tried two different VGA to HDMI adapters. The server is outputting to a splitter with one side going to a ...
                                                                  Technical SupportH52022-04-19 16:37:11.346Z
                                                                  Issue with Voyager 2
                                                                  I just bought Voyager 2 and it works fine on any other laptop, with any other HDMI cable. But on this particular Lenovo laptop T495, it just doesn't work. It does show the screen for a second perfectly but then it goes black. These are the logs: http...
                                                                    Technical Support112022-04-18 14:05:20.618Z
                                                                    New TinyPilot Voyager v2, not coming online
                                                                    Hey folks, Thanks for the TinyPilot! I just received my first one. It looks really great. I connected it to my power/network/data/hdmi, but unfortunately I'm not seeing any network activity coming from it on the switch or router. DHCP hasn't talked t...
                                                                      Technical SupportG42022-04-15 20:29:39.869Z
                                                                      Black screen?
                                                                      Hi, I installed PinyPilot yesterday manually on this Raspberry 4: cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)" NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="11" VERSION="11 (bullseye)" VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye ID=raspbian ID_LIKE=debia...
                                                                        Technical SupportG132022-04-15 15:58:20.742Z
                                                                        Unable to update 64bit pi to 2.4.0
                                                                        Hi, I'm trying to update the TinyPilot pro software on my Pi 4 (8gb) running Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (64 bit). However I get the following error message: 64-bit Raspberry Pi OS is not yet supported. Please use the 32-bit version of Raspberry Pi OS. ++ una...
                                                                          Technical SupportP92022-04-14 20:12:01.018Z
                                                                          Unable to update voyager 1 or ssh to it
                                                                          https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/LRK2YCzp
                                                                            Technical SupportK12022-04-12 13:35:24.661Z
                                                                            Mouse wheel scrolling not completely captured
                                                                            I just recently updated Tiny Pilot to the latest version available, and after I did, it would appear that tiny pilot is not completely capturing mouse wheel scrolls. Before updating, if I used the mouse wheel scroll inside the remote window, the mous...
                                                                              Technical SupportW12022-04-11 19:39:04.434Z
                                                                              Remote pointer only moves if I hold down spacebar
                                                                              Connected tinypilot to a Reolink NVR - pointer only seems to move ( belatedly ) if I hold down spacebar. Trouble shooting steps: Rebooted tinypilot, rebooted NVR, upgraded tinypilot to latest version Logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/QRLOGumc
                                                                                Technical SupportU22022-04-11 19:13:10.426Z
                                                                                Tiny Pilot SD Image
                                                                                I bought Tiny Pilot from punkt.de on 25.10.2021 with order number 1060, but with this data i cannot download. please submit a download link
                                                                                  Technical SupportA12022-04-11 18:49:43.468Z