No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsers / AssignedRepliesActivity
Connecting to Tiny Pilot
I just got a Tiny Pilot and I am excited, however I have some hurdles to cross. I do not have a router where I am staying, currently connected to a hotspot. This prevents me from having an IP address associated with my TinyPilot My TinyPilot is plugg...
    Technical SupportESCH62023-06-17 04:12:28.580Z
    Tiny Pilot ISO Mount
    We are experiencing a few problems with the Tiny Pilot and was hoping for your input. As background, we have a Tiny Pilot at a customer in Germany, which we are intending to use to install windows, to a connected laptop via the ISO mount feature. We ...
      Technical SupportM/32023-06-16 11:22:17.124Z
      Tinypilot Pro failed to update
      Web GUI error "The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2." SSH error "TASK [tinypilot.tinypilot-pro : get TinyPilot repo] ************************************************ fatal: [localho...
        GeneralCS2S72023-06-15 18:39:23.241Z
        File transfer via tailscale
        Can i able to transfer files using the tinypilot and tailscale ? I can able to send the file to tinypilot. I don't know where to check n download to target computer Kindly check the image n reply back In my tinypilot device next to lan cable 4 usb sl...
          Technical SupportVC/C12023-06-15 11:49:49.524Z
          TinyPilot Voyager 2a not detectable
          Hi all, I just received the TinyPilot 2a and it worked for 10min just fine, when I rebooted it is not working anymore, it is not detected on my network and after diagnosis, it says TinyPilot is not on your network. I have checked on your forum and I ...
            Technical SupportH/42023-06-14 11:06:01.599Z
            Technical SupportC232023-06-13 12:35:58.378Z
            Tiny Pilot Voyager: Paste operation substitutes characters
            Wow ! That almost drove me mad trying to authenticate myself using my password manager ! hahaha Just realized that our newly acquired Tiny Pilot Voyage (not V2) with latest firmware 2.3.1 substitutes characters during a simple copy paste from host to...
              GeneralTFC262023-06-12 13:34:51.805Z
              How to change the TinyPilot name as the output display name
              Hi. I have followed the instructions mentioned here https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/change-edid to change the name and entered the commands as is. However, the display name in the Mac is still showing as TinyPilot. Is there any thing additional that I h...
                Technical SupportFC/C22023-06-12 13:26:10.429Z
                copy and paste
                Hello. Is there any way that we can cut and paste, from one computer to another where the other the one under Tiny pilot
                  Technical SupportJZ52023-06-12 13:23:20.657Z
                  Controlling 4 PC’s in home server rack.
                  Hi there. I found TinyPilot online while searching for a solution that would be able to remotely control and view 4x bare metal 1L PC’s at a full bios/boot visibility level. I have these going into my home server rack - they are based in the rack alo...
                    GeneralB/12023-06-08 11:28:04.734Z
                    Explain icons...
                    Trying to see if TinyPilot is the right product for me
                    I'm hoping to remote control to a workstation that requires Cisco AnyConnect to log in. Would I have any challenges using TinyPilot?
                      Technical SupportT/12023-06-07 01:51:17.774Z
                      Remote monitor keep disappearing
                      I recently bought TinyPilot , Initially I had issues with Latency but ever since i switched to H.264 the latency issue is no more but now I have new issue where monitor keep disappearing after few seconds I can still see the keyboard . I am using chr...
                        Technical SupportS112023-06-07 01:23:38.755Z
                        Technical SupportM32023-06-06 05:04:54.057Z
                        Tiny Pilot Installation fails with Raspberry Pi 64 Bit Lite OS
                        Hi, I am trying to install TinyPilot on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2 GB RAM. I installed the Pi OS Lite 64 Bit. When I run the install with below command as root, curl --silent --show-error https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tiny-pilot/tinypilot/master/ge...
                          Technical SupportVC/C12023-06-05 23:08:22.528Z
                          @ sign not at expected spot (german keyboard tested)
                          Hi, I just noticed, that I cannot find a way to get the "@" (at) sign used on a machine that is connected to the TinyPilot. What works: a.) Pressing directly (no TinyPilot involved) the @at sign on the remote machine (remote: machine where TinyPilot ...
                            Technical Support/102023-06-05 00:17:11.469Z
                            ERROR [1409.073 stream] -- Can't start capturing: Invalid argument
                            It was all working fine, all of sudden I was getting no video signal. There was nothing changed on my target computer. So far, I replaced all the HDMI cables and did factory reset also, still same error. Anyone can quickly help, I would appreciate it...
                              Technical SupportAC/C12023-06-04 21:58:44.379Z
                              Tinypilot wont complete update
                              Hello, I have a tinypilot pro, that isnt completing the update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4 Here is a link to the log file: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/GDtZJMb0 please let me know how to resolve. Thank you!
                                Technical SupportJ32023-06-01 00:40:10.013Z
                                Does TinyPilot support dual or multi-monitor setups?
                                I often have to work on machines remotely that have dual or multiple monitors. Does TinyPilot support this function? Thanks.
                                  GeneralMBMP92023-05-31 22:42:55.813Z
                                  Unable to switch to H.264
                                  https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/ipW5dz0v
                                    Technical SupportTTC/C32023-05-31 18:08:35.674Z
                                    Copy and paste
                                    Is there any way that we can copy and paste from target system to the source system while using tinypilot device ?
                                      Technical SupportR12023-05-29 00:49:23.366Z
                                      USB Sticks supported?
                                      We need to mount a USB Stick or directory for data transfer. In real life our users take an USB Stick for data Transfer, but if they are in Home Office it would be better if thy could use a file share.
                                        Technical SupportDC/C32023-05-26 20:34:32.483Z
                                        Audio to target computer using Jackstrip
                                        Kindly let me know if anyone made any step by step instructions for this jackstrip audio streaming to the target computer.
                                          Technical SupportS02023-05-26 14:59:49.963Z
                                          How to check the hostname if that is changed and forgotten..
                                          Let say if i change host name from Tinypilot --> system --> Hostname --> tinypilot to otherhostname. But now i forgot and not able to reach to tinypilot UI. Also SSH is not enabled. I blocked on my work please anyone can look into it?
                                            Technical SupportA12023-05-24 06:07:45.873Z
                                            No VIDEO SIGNAL
                                            Hello, I just purchased a Pro license and installed the hobby version on this hardware: https://geekworm.com/products/pikvm. (HDMI Full HD capture based on the TC358743 chip) I am able to get to the Tinypilot Pro webpage but there is no video. Screen...
                                              Technical SupportNC/C12023-05-23 15:05:22.797Z
                                              What is the best way to secure tinypilot?
                                              What security option can be enabled to secure the tinypilot from access? To prevent vulnerabilities and exploits and injections? Are there ways to monitor if an ip I'm not aware has accessed it? I already use the username sign in and https, but that ...
                                                Technical SupportSC/C12023-05-23 14:54:09.627Z
                                                Need to flash tinypilot (not usb or micro-sd) with version 2.5.3
                                                How to flash tinypilot itself and not a usb or microsd card? how can i download the previous version 2.5.3 that worked for me? When i click download it keeps downloading 2.5.4 any help appreciated
                                                  Technical SupportSC/C12023-05-22 20:02:15.447Z
                                                  tinyPilot - No longer responding after reboot - HTTPS connection timeout
                                                  After a reboot the tinypilot will not come back online - its seem that the Flash memory is corrupted. The device responds to pings but no services seem to be running
                                                    Technical SupportTS32023-05-21 17:40:32.395Z
                                                    Screen is not loading first time after reset
                                                    As in screen after every reset screen isnt loading. Web browser is showing this error Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad Gateway) The one solution i found is going to system > video settings and changing frame rat...
                                                      Technical SupportYCY/C62023-05-19 10:07:03.594Z
                                                      bitlocker doesn't allow me to connect remotely
                                                      i need to physically have someone type in the bitlocker password onthe device i have my tinypilot hooked up to in order to get passed the bitlocker key. this surprised me as every other sort of hardware lock it can pass but not this one. anyway aroun...
                                                        Technical SupportMC/C12023-05-18 23:35:43.892Z
                                                        Unable to access from Web Browser
                                                        System is not responding to webbrowser. Errors as below repeatedly in syslog. Can access via SSH, but am not local to system so unable to do factory reset. Suggestions? May 12 10:44:56 0200707e systemd[4211]: tinypilot.service: Failed to execute comm...
                                                          Technical SupportC/C32023-05-17 10:10:32.149Z
                                                          Tinypilot is very noisy recently
                                                          I have been using the Tinypilot Voyager 2 for over a year now and am really liking the product, especially since the video format update. Unfortunately I have been experiencing severe noise levels for the last couple of weeks now that keep getting wo...
                                                            Technical SupportKCK/C62023-05-16 17:46:51.499Z
                                                            When using mpeg video encoding, lots of data freezes tiny pilot.
                                                            I was looking at log data with over 50 columns and with the font very small, this caused tiny pilot to freeze. Could the encoder have a problem rendering the data. I rebooted the server and had the same problem. I had to pull the hdmi cable out, and ...
                                                              Technical SupportDC/C12023-05-11 21:11:10.929Z
                                                              Voyager Display Audio/3.5mm port
                                                              I know that TinyPilot does not stream audio to the browser. However I noticed it creates a display audio output (presumably the HDMI port?) and there is also a 3.5mm jack on the device. Do these do anything at this time? It would be perfect if I coul...
                                                                GeneralAKJC102023-05-11 08:53:31.345Z
                                                                Add toggle to turn off sound when using H.264 encoding
                                                                It would be nice to have an option to turn off and/or lower the sound when using the H.264 encoding
                                                                  Technical SupportD12023-05-11 06:37:12.048Z
                                                                  tinypilot - how to send audio to remove device?
                                                                  Hi everyone, owner of 8 tinypilots and love the hardware! I have a question though, we can stream incoming audio from a client device, but is there a way we can send audio to device ( as a mic input) Anyone have any ideas here? I was thinking maybe s...
                                                                    Technical SupportSCA22023-05-10 18:26:13.433Z
                                                                    No Display
                                                                    Tinypilot KVM display works intermittently, out of the blue it would display "No Signal", and then start working sometimes, other times it will show a green screen without responding to anything. Logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/1UQtmKpi
                                                                      Technical SupportO/52023-05-10 11:17:46.992Z
                                                                      502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.18.0
                                                                      TinyPilot facing issue 502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.18.0 When tried setup again getting this
                                                                        Technical SupportN12023-05-10 06:57:36.802Z
                                                                        Frozen Screen: TinyPilot requires a reboot after 36h of uptime (with v2.5.4) otherwise the screen appears as a screenshot
                                                                        TLDR :: When this occurs after 36h of uptime since this new 2.5.4 clean install (didn't occur 2.5.2). My logs show : Persistent Device Timeout (unplugged) Question 1 - As preface: Are there any currently known issues with reverting to the old EDID of...
                                                                          Technical SupportAC/C32023-05-09 13:45:43.683Z
                                                                          How do I run commands in Bulleye (OS Ver 11) via the microHDMI + Kbd locally?
                                                                          Per here (from OS Ver 10) - Renaming the device, Device shows under Mass storage device - #post-5 I recall being able to run commands (like sudo or logging into root user) locally in the previous OS version. Is this still possible or not so? I tried ...
                                                                            GeneralAC/C42023-05-09 13:09:32.515Z
                                                                            502 bad gateway after failed software update
                                                                            Tried to update the tinypilot software. Something went wrong during the process and now I can't login to the web interface. I have SSH enabled and can get in to that, but I don't know what to do once I'm in. Help!
                                                                              Technical SupportNAN/52023-05-08 14:03:51.128Z