No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
Possible to run TinyPilot without a fan?
I love my TinyPilot, which allowed me to shove my server into the basement where its noise would not disturb me. Then the dust in my basement killed the server, so I took the opportunity to moveit back to my office, along with the TinyPilot, and sadl...
    IdeasA12022-11-16 12:19:49.110Z
    No Video
    We are having an issue with a TinyPilot we just deployed. Keyboard and mouse are working but we are not getting any video. Just get a message for No Signal. I saw the display pop up for 2 seconds and then went back to No Signal. Anything we can try? ...
      Technical SupportE42022-11-15 17:03:29.739Z
      The image only persist 7 seconds
      Hi, I bought a tiny pilot voyager 2 everything looks fine except for the fact that the image in the streaming is only for 7 seconds. This are my log, I'm new in this :( Logs 2022/11/10 16:40:55 [error] 1268#1268: *53 upstream prematurely closed conne...
        Technical SupportN32022-11-15 16:59:24.755Z
        TinyPilot Power Connector stopped working
        It seems something went wrong with my TinyPilot Power Connector. It has no LED and does not provide power to my Pi. Any idea would could have gone wrong?
          Technical SupportB32022-11-15 12:01:11.924Z
          Flickering distorted video signal
          Hi, our new TinyPilot shows a flickering image that show a different colorful distotion every second, with the original video signal showing in the background. I have video and image, but they are too large for upload. S/N 0001648005993072 We tested ...
            Technical SupportAC112022-11-15 11:57:32.007Z
            Severe color distortion
            Hi, Trying to use TinyPilot to view the GUI presented by the Ubuntu live disk when you select "Try Ubuntu" but colors are so badly distorted its not usable. Is there a configuration to avoid this?
              Technical SupportACA72022-11-15 04:13:30.905Z
              TinyPilot has been perfect for months, suddenly USB input lag. Reboot doesn't help :(
              Hey guys, our TP has been perfect for months. Suddenly, I've got about a 1 second delay between each key (!) arriving at the host. I've rebooted through the UI and CLI, no change. I grabbed a shareable log, https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/DdW0xGP3 if t...
                Technical SupportKCK52022-11-11 00:40:27.816Z
                Technical SupportSC72022-11-09 20:48:10.112Z
                Traveling with Tiny Pilot, will this work?
                Hello, After setting up Tinypilot and Tailscale, would I be able to travel and connect it to any router and it work without any additional setup? Would it be accessible right away? If so, if I bought a wifi to ethernet adapter, could use that to conn...
                  Technical SupportTC42022-11-09 14:38:18.496Z
                  USB
                  Hello, Question, does there need an videocard to make the usb keyboard to work? I have an raspberry pi3b and i have an usb a to usb a cable, should this just work without an video caption card plugged in? I have an video caption card buyed but still ...
                    Technical SupportJ12022-11-07 13:15:30.673Z
                    Explain icons...
                    Installation Fails at "build uStreamer"
                    I'm trying to install Tinypilot on my new Pi4 running the latest version of Pi OS Lite using SSH with the simple installation command found on GitHub, but keep getting a "builduStreamer fail" error time and time again. TASK [ansible-role-ustreamer : ...
                      Technical SupportF22022-11-07 12:14:28.700Z
                      Wireless and Tailscale
                      Hi, It seems like I setup wireless SSiD on my home wifi and it’s stuck to it but when I change it to hotspot it stays connected and only works to home wifi or is this a Tailscale issue?
                        Technical SupportS12022-11-03 12:46:01.435Z
                        Nginx version
                        My Tinypilot install seems to be running nginx 1.14, which if I'm not wrong is deprecated. Is it possible/easy to update it?
                          Technical SupportT212022-11-02 20:37:04.512Z
                          Question about Tiny Pilot
                          Does the Tiny Pilot pass the network through to the machine it is connected to or would we need to have a second network drop or small switch to keep Tiny Pilot and the computer it is controlling connected to the network?
                            Technical SupportE12022-11-02 19:13:33.695Z
                            USB-C to USB-C
                            Anything magic about cables for from USB-C Data port (V2) to USB-C (target device) versus C to A? I tried with a few cables and it didn't work - I had to use a laptop-USB hub (C-->A*4 on the target device) and the A-C cable that came with the Voyager...
                              Technical SupportM22022-11-02 15:14:07.314Z
                              How can i use tinypilot to show another external monitor besides the laptop monitor ?
                              How can i use tinypilot to show another external monitor besides the laptop monitor ?
                                Technical SupportA2C32022-11-01 00:12:24.310Z
                                502 Bad Gateway after reboot; ImportError: cannot import name 'keycodes' from 'hid'
                                After reboot of the tinypilot device (purchased with pre-programmed sd card) due to power loss nginx reports error 502. tinypilot service is active but reports import failure: root@tinypilot:/home/pilot# systemctl status tinypilot ● tinypilot.service...
                                  Technical SupportZC22022-10-28 14:04:29.862Z
                                  Mouse not working through KVM
                                  I have an 8 port KVM with Hotkey switching. It allows me to press some keys on my keyboard to switch to another port on the KVM. This is very handy. However, the Mouse on the TinyPilot Voyager 2 will not work through the USB port on the KVM that allo...
                                    Technical SupportE282022-10-27 16:14:39.060Z
                                    Adding ALT+SysRQ key combinations would be a great addition (like pikvm has now)
                                    The Linux Magic System Request Key Hacks (https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/sysrq.html) is just a fantastic way to interact with Linux when it's being "naughty". PiKvm has it implemented in their "Shortcuts" menu, and I have used it ...
                                      IdeasRC12022-10-27 15:52:07.703Z
                                      Can't connect with 2 TinyPilots
                                      HI, Already i connect one Tiny Pilot with one target machine1. I try to connect new Tiny Pilot for new target machine 2. But in my 2nd computer showing only 1st target,not showing 2 nd target also giving error 404
                                        Technical SupportJ32022-10-27 11:25:52.927Z
                                        Can I access the KVM from a different network?
                                        Sorry for the noob question. I'm considering getting the Tinypilot Voyager 2. What I'm trying to do is be able to access a friends PC via KVM from a different country, so over the internet. Obviously if the whole thing only works within a LAN that's ...
                                          GeneralKCF102022-10-26 22:23:41.066Z
                                          Can't update to 2.5.0
                                          Here is the error message: 'The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.'
                                            Technical SupportM72022-10-26 17:54:59.034Z
                                            No video output before Windows boot
                                            We have purchased a TinyPilot Voyager 2 with the intention of connecting/controlling Dell Latitude laptops at a remote site. We have tested the setup we were planning locally, and we have found that when the laptop reboots, the TinyPilot web portal d...
                                              Technical SupportTC12022-10-25 22:20:37.188Z
                                              Mouse movement in Windows 98 SE at one-half of actual movement
                                              Mouse position is correct at the top-left corner of the virtual desktop. As I move the mouse to the bottom-right, the cursor on the host machine moves half the distance. By the time I have reached the bottom-right corner, the host cursor is thusly in...
                                                Technical SupportA3JX112022-10-24 23:42:44.314Z
                                                Update failed 2.4.1 -> 2.5.0
                                                First off love the software veryyyy convenient!! Previous web-gui updates have worked without issue, until now. The logs show "ERROR Update process timed out" --- After multiple reboots, I am at a loss. Is there a bash script to run the update throug...
                                                  Technical SupportC52022-10-21 11:43:14.768Z
                                                  Browser hot-keys
                                                  I saw that chrome app enable cmd-t and cmd-w to work properly according to this: https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/browser-hotkeys. When I open a browser on the target device and press cmd-t, it correctly opens a new tab in the target device. However, a c...
                                                    Technical SupportJ2C12022-10-20 19:46:11.660Z
                                                    Use TinyPilot to remote my PC instead of software remote software while I'm away from the office
                                                    Can this be done? my thinking is I would need 3 things The TinyPilot an HDMI Splitter so I could see my screen while I'm in the office and the TinyPilot has the HDM as well to access while I'm away Possibly an LTE router for internet access to the Ti...
                                                      Technical SupportZ212022-10-20 15:28:05.136Z
                                                      New TinyPilot Voyager 2 Video distorted
                                                      Using the VGA to HDMI adapter, I'm getting terrible picture on a Dell PowerEdge R240 server (we have 4 of these servers and they all do the same thing). The screenshot below is of the Ubuntu Server install screen using the ISO image uploaded to the T...
                                                        Technical SupportTKA172022-10-20 15:16:57.966Z
                                                        how to connect office laptop to personal laptop?
                                                        Hi, I need hardware setup for office laptop with my personal laptop.
                                                          Technical SupportJCCJ22022-10-19 18:29:50.851Z
                                                          how to connect 2 server
                                                          Hi, In my home network, how to connect 2 target machines? need a 2 tiny piolet? then,how can i identify target 1 to one laptop and target 2 in another laptop? I have only one internet connection in my home.
                                                            Technical SupportJCC22022-10-19 16:12:30.797Z
                                                            Audio device Toshiba-H2C
                                                            I connected TinyPilot to Windows and Mac, and I see Toshiba-H2C audio device on both laptops. Is it a way to disable the audio device so it is not recognized by laptops since TinyPilot doesn't support audio anyways. Or rename the audio device from To...
                                                              Technical SupportVT32022-10-19 12:01:29.450Z
                                                              Can sound be included over HDMI?
                                                              I just received my TinyPilot today, and it works great! I am connecting to a MacBook Pro 13” M1, and everything works as expected. I had just one question. Is it possible to include sound over the HDMI link? Certainly sound can be transmitted via HDM...
                                                                IdeasLT32022-10-19 11:49:35.561Z
                                                                502 Bad Gateway after reboot
                                                                Issued a reboot to the system and after reboot, trying to connect to the web service results in a 502 bad gateway. ===================================================== Checking logs, see the following being repeated over and over. Oct 17 08:31:23 02...
                                                                  Technical SupportC102022-10-18 22:08:50.226Z
                                                                  Can TinyPilot work with phones and VPN?
                                                                  Hi, I'm looking at the Voyager 2 and I want to know if it will work on a phone (Samsung model) and using tailscale to remote into it from another location? I'm not familiar with tech stuffs, but I tried to use RDP to remote into the phone and was blo...
                                                                    Technical SupportZ12022-10-17 11:26:48.507Z
                                                                    Default to fullscreen at connect or remove virtual keyboard
                                                                    Hello, We are using 3 of these units to allow access to operators from various setup benches around the shop and would be great if we could default to fullscreen at connect time? also would a good way to make them view only be to just remove the USB ...
                                                                      Technical SupportJC12022-10-14 15:07:12.212Z
                                                                      Failed to Complete Update 2.4.1 to 2.5.0
                                                                      Hi, trying to update from 2.4.1 to 2.5.0 I'm getting The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 1. Here's my log: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/quQa13J2 Thanks.
                                                                        Technical SupportNC32022-10-12 21:02:34.196Z
                                                                        unable to change my TinyPilot voyager2 use at static IP
                                                                        Hi There I have followed your guide regarding change my unit from the default DHCP til static IP: https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/static-ip But i keen getting an error every time. Here i my first try: pilot@tinypilot:~ $ export TINYPILOT_STATIC_IP="10.1...
                                                                          Technical SupportHC12022-10-12 14:26:55.579Z
                                                                          can't wake computer using mouse/keyboard
                                                                          after some time of not using the computer connected to tinypilot, it seems it went to sleep. normally its possible to wake the computer by pressing a key on the keyboard or on the mouse, however with tinypilot this seems not possible? please advice o...
                                                                            Technical SupportDA32022-10-11 20:22:23.520Z
                                                                            Can I access KVM from internet with VPN
                                                                            If I have a laptop in US on my VPN and another laptop in Europe on the same VPN , are they both considered to be on the local network and I can just access the US laptop in Europe using the tinypilot url? Or do I need to still use cloud solutions, re...
                                                                              Technical SupportN12022-10-11 09:16:00.652Z
                                                                              No Video (Multiple Computers)
                                                                              I am having an issue with no video with a brand new TinyPilot Voyager 2. Tried with both HDMI direct and HDMI to VGA adapter. (Tried this on 2 different laptops, same cables work fine with mutliple test monitors. Logs below: uStreamer logs Oct 06 22:...
                                                                                Technical SupportM32022-10-10 18:13:14.414Z