No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
VPN
Hi there, awesome product and software - THANK YOU! Question: Is there any guidance on how to set up a VPN? Use case: I'm looking to have my virtual assistant interact directly with my computer and would need some way for them to access it outside of...
    GeneralRSALC132022-01-11 02:05:00.438Z
    TinyPilot Voyager 2 Keyboard does not work in Bios or Windows boot menu
    Just got an TinyPilot Voyager 2. Setup with no issues. Easy to reach via browser. Left lower corner of browser window, when at the Windows login prompt, shows green and "connected" However...Keyboard and Mouse work well in Windows even at the pre log...
      GeneralSS92022-01-08 01:11:25.658Z
      No USB input
      Hello, I setup TinyPilot for the first time. I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 along with the TinyPilot Power Connector. The video works fine, but I have no USB input - keyboard (real or virtual) / mouse. I don't see a generic USB keyboard or mouse detected...
        GeneralAC162022-01-06 03:50:56.176Z
        Just got Voyager2, red power light comes on but no ethernet link light.
        I have verified the network cable and hub are all working but I can't get the Ethernet lights to come on the Pi, nor does it show link on the switch. Any troubleshooting I can do or is it a bad Ethernet on the RPi?
          Technical SupportEFM52022-01-05 00:59:55.118Z
          Bug: Noticable (& annoying) physical mouse input lag when the HDMI is connected (slave PC)
          Hello there. Just received my new TinyPilot 2 today. However I am disappointed because I am noticing a significant mouse performance decrease on the slave PC (with physical mouse and keyboard usage plugged into the slave, which TinyPilot may think is...
            GeneralAF102022-01-03 21:41:49.339Z
            Any impact to making TinyPilot Voyager 2 non-headless (ex: LXDE shell)?
            Unscrewing the base, I noticed some hidden display ports within, which are the RPI4's microHDMI which Voyager 2 doesn't expose (curious why now obstructed?). In any case, I cut my own hole (CAREFULLY!) and now have a less-headless device. I installed...
              GeneralAA22021-12-30 20:47:05.367Z
              Idea - enable adding keyboard shortcuts
              Today Actions > Keyboard Shortcuts includes just one item (Ctrl+Alt+Del). I would welcome the ability to create my own keyboard shortcuts to be passed through to the remote system. For me, I want Win+Tab (or Alt+Tab) for switching active windows on t...
                IdeasF12021-12-30 18:49:58.822Z
                Video Signal Blank - M1
                When using the HKS0801A1U KVM mentioned in the KVM Compatability list, I get a black screen on my M1. The aspect ratio appears to be correctly and I can send mouse and keyboard commands. I can see the mouse and keyboard working from another screen sh...
                  GeneralTT22021-12-29 19:31:07.162Z
                  Pass trough USB from 'host to target server
                  Hi Guys! Just out of curiousity - lets say i have a USB headset that i would like to use with my server without directly plugging it in - is it possible with TinyPilot Voyager ?
                    GeneralY12021-12-29 19:06:24.455Z
                    Disable Internet Access & Other Questions
                    I want to make sure my tinypilot cannot talk to the internet in any way and can only work on my LAN. How do I go about this? I understand this means that updates will also be disabled, that is okay. Assume Voyager 2 If I have the ability to VPN to th...
                      GeneralUF32021-12-29 16:56:16.551Z
                      Explain icons...
                      No mouse, no keyboard
                      Thanks for a great product. I'm trying it out for the first time. November release Hobbyist kit (minus the prebuild sd card) 16GB sd card built with BalenaEtcher Chromebook either mirrored or extended screens Firefox on Windows used to access https:/...
                        GeneralJUJ42021-12-29 16:36:36.744Z
                        GeneralL212021-12-29 16:12:20.857Z
                        Pi Zero 2 W
                        I have the Hobbyist kit -- which comes with a Pi 4b, IIRC. I'm wondering, though, if I could swap that out for a much cheaper pi zero 2 w and thus avoid buying another Pi 4 b for a different project? Does the 2w have enough performance and good enoug...
                          GeneralW12021-12-27 22:31:33.639Z
                          Remote control of laptop
                          I am going to be working remotely on a permanent basis. Looking to set up a KVM over IP solution that I can have a user plug in a PC or a Macintosh, so I can remotely reboot, troubleshoot, wipe and reload, and re-image machines. Will this work?
                            GeneralC12021-12-27 22:27:04.563Z
                            Crash Cart KVM Use/Set Up
                            Is it possible to use TinyPilot as a crash cart kvm if need be? I am looking for an alternative for the poor crash cart KVMs on the market. Would I be able to connect the Ethernet cable straight to my laptop from the TinyPilot or does it always requi...
                              GeneralTA272021-12-17 22:14:50.354Z
                              Tiny Pilot Voyager keeps dying
                              I have to power cycle the device multiple times a day. This is not sustainable! What can I send that would help diagnose the issue?
                                Technical SupportSFE72021-12-10 18:58:10.208Z
                                Relative mouse support?
                                We have a system that is using a custom OS, I've seen it mentioned in a few threads that only absolute mouse input is currently supported. Left and right click works, but the mouse cursor is stubbornly stuck. I've seen emulators and remote desktop vi...
                                  GeneralR12021-12-10 13:43:59.083Z
                                  Full Screen Mode not working in Safari
                                  Hey team -- fullscreen mode for Safari seems to be broken. Here is the console log...I believe it's because the requestFullScreen has to be prefixed with webkit for Safari https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Element/requestFullScreen -- ...
                                    Technical SupportS212021-12-09 21:22:01.992Z
                                    after bullseye upgrade ansible virtualenv job fails
                                    Has anyone upgraded to bullseye and been able to get everything running after the upgrade? I noticed that openipmi, ustreamer and a couple other services were not starting. Some services were fighting over opening ports, so I resolved those issues. I...
                                      Technical SupportSS182021-12-07 20:16:09.058Z
                                      Tiny Pilot KVM + voyager VGA adapter, no video, just snow
                                      I have a tinypilot kvm with voyager and I'm having no luck with connecting to anything with a VGA output/input. I get 'snow' and flashing of different screen sizes. This is confirmed to be the case on the three machines I've tried it on so far. The H...
                                        GeneralD12021-12-06 19:50:43.470Z
                                        Unable to connect to https://tinypilot
                                        Hi, I have connected Tinypilot to my Lenovo laptop which has 2 wireless cards. I made sure one of the wireless card is on the same wifi as my working laptop and I am unable to connect to https://tinypilot. Followed the instructions at https://tinypil...
                                          GeneralB62021-12-03 22:42:31.129Z
                                          Mouse Cursor offset after update
                                          Hello, after updating today, the cursor no longer lines up across host and remote computer. Is this a bug? Can I revert versions?
                                            Technical SupportS42021-12-02 19:59:46.421Z
                                            No video capture working, unable to update TinyPilot
                                            When updating from the UI. Clicking settings>update does tell me an update is available, clicking the green Update button returns this error in a red box: Failed to start update Error: 500 Internal Server Error Internal Server Error The server encoun...
                                              Technical SupportT2T232021-12-02 02:07:38.409Z
                                              Newbie Problems / Questions
                                              Hey all new user here. I have two issues: I can't get to https://tinypilot but I can get to https://tinypilot.local however on latest Chrome it will NOT let me pass the mismatch cert problem while Safari will let me get by. Not the end of the world j...
                                                GeneralH142021-12-01 23:06:41.830Z
                                                Keyboard Typing using SSH
                                                Hi, I am trying to automate my initial boot process for several MacMinis and wondering if I can type using just SSH. This would be used for the initial password entry with a return. That possible?
                                                  GeneralC12021-11-29 23:10:41.684Z
                                                  keyboard and Mouse not working with Macbook pro USB-c
                                                  I purchased tinypilot Voyager, I can see the screen using KVM but Keyboard and mouse not working Thanks Gurjinder Singh
                                                    GeneralGCA82021-11-29 23:07:48.238Z
                                                    November 23, 2021 update is a winner!
                                                    Came online to post an issue, saw mention of release 2.3.1 (November 23, 2021 update) and performed the upgrade. I am seeing much improved video and mouse performance! Great update everyone. Thank you.
                                                      GeneralF12021-11-23 21:45:22.543Z
                                                      Waking sleeping machine using keyboard or mouse, but without using WoL
                                                      Can anyone say if TinyPilot is able to wake up a remote machine if WakeOnLan is not available? I can wake the remote machine by moving or pressing a button on a logitech keyboard or mouse.
                                                        GeneralT12021-11-22 20:19:31.649Z
                                                        at bios, unresponsive
                                                        just got my tinypilot v2.3.1 [pro] played around with it and was intrigued with the virtual drive option. very handy. so i mounted a few ISOs and installed an ubuntu LTS. worked very good. now i wanted to update my bios. pc is a intel-nuc-kit-nuc6i7k...
                                                          Technical SupportY22021-11-22 15:41:57.122Z
                                                          TinyPilot Voyager with PoE splitter
                                                          Dear Sirs I'm going to install a TinyPilot Voyager and power it via a PoE splitter. Can I discard the Power Connector altogether and use a front USB port for keyboard and mouse traffic? Thanks and Regards Mauricio
                                                            GeneralM2M232021-11-20 10:52:15.274Z
                                                            VGA-to-HDMI adapter power & splitting signal
                                                            What are the best methods for powering the VGA-to-HDMI adapter with the USB cable? Powered from Tiny Pilot? Powered from target? Powered from external power? For us, from target is easiest, but we had one adapter that was failing at the Ubuntu instal...
                                                              GeneralJ12021-11-19 15:48:55.988Z
                                                              virtual media upload failing
                                                              Is there a way to sftp the virtual images to the tinypilot? they keep failing to upload when i try to upload from my laptop via the web interface
                                                                GeneralB12021-11-18 19:30:29.361Z
                                                                Update fail
                                                                Hi. I'm new to the Pi. I thought I knew what I was doing and SSH'd to the tinypilot. I ran the apt update to update everything, rebooted, and now the Tinypilot doesn't respond to the tinypilot URL. I have a solid green and red light. I took out the S...
                                                                  GeneralS32021-11-11 22:23:40.412Z
                                                                  Reverse Proxy Settings?
                                                                  Hi Michael, I'm in awe of what you've built here. Reading your development journey and then building products and a company around what is an amazing solution is really inspiring! I hope it all goes well for you! Also thank you for keeping a free ver...
                                                                    Technical SupportJJ72021-11-10 20:33:12.961Z
                                                                    Windows 11 - missing USB Storage
                                                                    Hello, Windows 11 based installations can't see USB Storage, so installation from Virtual Media is not possible. Is there any workaround ? Thanks.
                                                                      Technical SupportV32021-11-08 22:49:43.685Z
                                                                      Just bought a TinyPilot and the keyboard doesn't work at Bios with an Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
                                                                      @Michael... We just bought a brand new TinyPilot at our studio for me to be able to do remote booting tests, change bios parameters, etc. Our studio is located in Madrid - Spain, and I'm in Vancouver - Canada, so I need a kvm over ip solution. After ...
                                                                        GeneralRR42021-11-05 02:00:25.598Z
                                                                        TinyPilot network doesn't seem to want to initialize
                                                                        Just got my TinyPilot and connected it up to a server to try to test it out, but the network on the TinyPilot never seems to get going. I tested the port with a laptop and was able to get DHCP and everything just fine. When I plug the network back in...
                                                                          GeneralD112021-11-04 19:53:31.818Z
                                                                          NumLock and ten key numbers issue
                                                                          With NumLock off on my keyboard, when I push the "left arrow/ 4" key on the right half of the keyboard, in the lower right of the browser it says "ArrowLeft", but on the remote PC it types a 4. If I turn "NumLock on" on my keyboard and push the "left...
                                                                            GeneralC12021-11-03 22:19:36.979Z
                                                                            Mouse movements not detected, but clicks works
                                                                            Hello, I have installed my tinypilot today, which works fine for video capture, keyboard input and mouse clicks. But it doesn’t work with mouse movements : I don’t see the cursor moving, either on the web page or on the remote PC. With the help of th...
                                                                              Technical SupportK32021-11-02 21:29:39.038Z
                                                                              No Signal since update to 2.5.5
                                                                              I have set my unit up with a KVM physical switch like the youtube video by DB Tech. It was working as expected. I just did the update to 2.5.5 and now I'm getting no signal from either video source (input 1 or 2 on the KVM) I have physically cold boo...
                                                                                Technical SupportGG142021-11-01 19:42:14.809Z