No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsers / AssignedRepliesActivity
Welcome to the TinyPilot Forum
This is a place for TinyPilot users to;
    GeneralKR42024-02-16 19:43:49.346Z
    Not much is working...
    I just installed my TinyPilot and have access to it on my network. However, I am not able to set the IP address as there is no "Network" tab in the menu. I am also unable to perform an update. I keep getting this error: Error: Failed to request lates...
      Technical SupportB02024-03-28 18:43:59.280Z
      How make font larger
      I have my TinyPilot working here, but the font used for the text display when I boot my connected device to log in is small. Is there a way to get the TinyPilot to use a larger font?
        Technical SupportFC/C12024-03-28 18:09:57.379Z
        Random Shut off
        Is there anything in this log that would indicate root cause of device going offline? Needs hard restart to resume operation. Thanks! https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/mrnjJt3c
          Technical SupportKC/C62024-03-28 18:00:22.890Z
          Internet Not working on TinyPilot
          Hi, I'm using tinypilot remotely using tailscale and somehow internet is not working in tinypilot. I log in using ssh on tinypilot and tried to ping 8.8.8.8. but internet is not going. I can access tinypilot from local machine but not through tailscale.
            Technical SupportSC/C52024-03-28 17:45:56.790Z
            Gui not responding upon host reboot or sleep mode (mac/win)
            Hi, I lose connection to the GUI every time the host goes to sleep or if I trigger a reboot. Here is my setup: TESmart 8 Port HDMI KVM Switch 4K 6 linux hosts Windows Mac LOGS: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/zC8sNaMs I observe the same behavior across...
              Technical SupportMM/52024-03-28 16:57:18.152Z
              Severely Delayed Video?
              HI, I need help. I can see the mouse moving on my Desktop that has the tinypilot connected to it but on my MacBook the movements are severely delayed. The delay is about 30-45 seconds for me to see what it has happening. Log is here : https://logs.ti...
                Technical SupportMM/62024-03-28 16:43:47.060Z
                H.264 remote and STUN server enabled
                Hi there, Having an issue with playing audio and streaming using H.264. I have been through the other tickets and appears that everything is working and the Janus server is up and running and active. Do I need port forwarding? I am trying to access i...
                  Technical SupportE/92024-03-26 12:23:47.197Z
                  speaker and mic
                  OK I just get another new Tinypilot , I found a new feature for stream video. if there is any possibility for voices in 2 direction - work as speaker and mic ?
                    Technical SupportSGS72024-03-25 17:56:36.141Z
                    {"code":null,"message"
                    {"code":null,"message":"expected '', but found ''\n in "/home/tinypilot/settings.yml", line 6, column 7"} SSH is disabled
                      Technical SupportD/52024-03-22 17:40:05.474Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Mouse/Cursor delay
                      I utilize tailscale to remote from my Home to Host tiny pilot device. At Home, I have both my desktop and macbook on the same network and both are on tailscale along with the tinypilot device. I have no issues on my desktop, however when I connect wi...
                        Technical SupportKC/C52024-03-21 17:33:06.844Z
                        Unable to use Keyboard or mouse on tinypilot from remote side
                        I have my work laptop connected to tinypilot, Which I access from home sometimes to do emergency tasks. But I am unable to use my keyboard and mouse from remote side now. I have tried searching for the issue and it's solution but I cannot find any so...
                          Technical SupportNCN/C92024-03-20 13:24:21.732Z
                          Unable to access TinyPilot after reset
                          I'm on my third TinyPilot (NEW Voyager 2a) and have encountered this issue on two of them. I'd like to restart the TinyPilot remotely every day (ish) when the connection feels sluggish. Unfortunately, this routinely prevents me from connecting to the...
                            Technical SupportKC/C52024-03-19 17:40:59.749Z
                            rainbow screen initial install.
                            Hello, Just did an install of the tinypilot using rpi4 and the specified hdmi dongle, Got everything up and running quickly, but when I try to access video I get the rainbow screen, while the keyboard does function. I tried to reboot replug, and trie...
                              Technical SupportYY/92024-03-19 15:14:13.779Z
                              Mouse latency is more than 5 sec when accessing over the internet
                              Hi, I just recently bought tinypilot voyager2a. It was fine when i connect within local network. However, when I try to access it over the network (using remote.it), the mouse latency was extremely long (~4-5 seconds at least), rendering it unsuable....
                                Technical SupportP/12024-03-19 11:59:56.153Z
                                H.264 fail
                                I'm getting this error when trying to switch to H.264. I've tried disabling and re-enabling it then rebooting, but same issue. "TinyPilot failed to stream video output from your target device using H.264 compression." How can I fix this? Logs link: h...
                                  Technical SupportS2/112024-03-18 18:35:43.964Z
                                  H264 working in LAN but failover to mjpeg in remote access via IP
                                  I am getting following error while trying to use H264 format for video in Setting when accessing Tinypilot machine remotely(via IP). but H264 works fine when tinypilot machine accessed in LAN. Log https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/EsK5VOqk Any suggestion?
                                    Technical SupportSC/C42024-03-18 18:00:46.437Z
                                    24 hour, connection
                                    Hi I am planning to use in our remote sites. Can i keep tinypilot connected on power forever? As remote sites are always on and server dont have remote management port. Your tinypilot is working perfectly but i am not sure if i can keep powered on fo...
                                      Technical SupportP/12024-03-18 12:14:09.830Z
                                      remote access /hide location
                                      Hi, i work from home using a company laptop but wish to travel outside the country using my personal laptop (leaving my work laptop at home) to access the company laptop. i wish to know if the company can check if accessing the device from another co...
                                        Technical SupportNCR/C62024-03-17 22:14:16.131Z
                                        TinyPilot returns 404 after update
                                        I can still get into the device via SSH, but the web interface is only returning a 404 screen. I have tried restarting the tinypilot service vis SSH, which didn't help. Reboot doesn't help either. Checking the tinypilot service status via SSH several...
                                          Technical SupportHCH/C52024-03-15 00:27:20.980Z
                                          Detailed Administrator Documentation & Remote Access Options
                                          Hi there, I'm trying to evaluate TinyPilot but I didn't discover detailed documentation about its configuration or features on the website. My apologies if I missed something obvious. Specifically, I would like to understand if the devices can be con...
                                            GeneralB/12024-03-13 19:23:56.457Z
                                            8-port HDMI KVM Choices
                                            (Note: Due to limits on URLs in the post, I intentionally broke the last URL...) Hi, As my first post to the forum, I thought I'd contribute a list I compiled... (Why did I do this? https://github.com/tiny-pilot/tinypilot/wiki/KVM-compatibility could...
                                              GeneralBCC/C42024-03-13 13:12:11.405Z
                                              Mouse cursor always reverts to a single display in a multi display setup
                                              I recently purchased a TinyPilot Voyager2 to remotely manage a client target system. The target system is a Dell Latitude 5490 connected to an external monitor. When I connect the TinyPilot V2 to the target system in the extended display setup, every...
                                                Technical SupportAF/52024-03-13 11:58:54.503Z
                                                Mouse and keyboard is not working after macOs upgrade Sonoma 14.4
                                                After OS upgrade, mouse and keyboard using tinypilot is not working. Can you please help me on this?
                                                  Technical SupportT/132024-03-13 11:55:41.629Z
                                                  Do I pay import/custom fees if I ship to Canada?
                                                  I am about to purchase the voyager 2, would I need to pay some import/customs fee in Canada since the device is coming from the US?
                                                    GeneralE/12024-03-08 12:20:23.167Z
                                                    Technical Issue with TinyPilot Voyager 2a
                                                    Hi there, I've been using the TinyPilot Voyager 2a for two weeks without any problems. However, after shutting it down last Friday, it's not working properly upon restarting on Monday. While SSH access is fine, the web interface shows that TinyPilot ...
                                                      Technical SupportDC/C32024-03-07 13:11:43.835Z
                                                      TwinGate setup
                                                      Trying to get this setup in our TwinGate network. To load the connector it needs 64bit OS. Does this device meet spec or can I upgrade it to a 64bit OS?
                                                        Technical SupportTG/72024-03-06 12:14:20.973Z
                                                        USB C Adapter Macbook Audio problem
                                                        I'm using USB C Hub Adapter for MacBook to connect tinypilot to MacBook. Everything works so smoothly but I'm unable to hear the sound in H264 mode. I tried many ways but can't do that.
                                                          Technical SupportTCT/C102024-03-05 12:08:54.823Z
                                                          update failed from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3
                                                          update failed from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3. here is the log, please help. https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/lgOWIg3n thanks --Jason
                                                            Technical SupportP/32024-03-04 18:58:46.700Z
                                                            Sound not transmitted
                                                            Sounds not being transmitted from laptop that is controlling the host. I can hear what’s sound is coming from host but I want my laptop controlling the host to transmit sound in host.
                                                              Technical SupportSN/32024-03-04 12:21:16.053Z
                                                              tinypilot unable to open database file error
                                                              Hello as i was using Tinypilot normally i started receiving this error. I then went ahead and restarted my Tinypilot Multiple times but now it is not even gettung discovered in my Network.
                                                                Technical SupportSS/42024-03-04 12:16:13.829Z
                                                                Video streaming issue
                                                                Suddenly I am getting MJpeg from today onwards Here is the logs https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/yXb29Y2l
                                                                  Technical SupportV/112024-03-04 12:02:24.097Z
                                                                  Mouse offset, misplaced
                                                                  Hello, We have trouble with our Tinypilot, connected to an LNC 2200 MW. Mouse on the computer and mouse in the browser are misplaced : if i go to the left, remote pointers is on the right. On the right of the screen they spread to the left. I cannot ...
                                                                    Technical SupportWCW/C102024-03-01 10:22:47.399Z
                                                                    Instructions do not explain what file to access in TP for static ip settings. Please help.
                                                                    I just unboxed my new Tiny Pilot and hooked it up. Works great, but the only problem is that I don't have sufficient instructions on your site of where to go to put the info in after ssh into the box. Please advise as to step by step what file to use...
                                                                      Technical SupportM2/12024-02-29 19:43:28.860Z
                                                                      Restricted Viewing of remote users
                                                                      Is it possible to add accounts for viewing only to the TinyPilot web session? We have people we want to be able to view the current session, but can't interact with it.
                                                                        Technical SupportDC/C12024-02-26 19:42:32.568Z
                                                                        Keyboard and Mouse input getting disconnected when tinypilot reboots
                                                                        When I reboot the tinypilot the keyboard and mouse stop working. Video still works so I can see that the USB device not recognized notification pop up on the remote computer. If I go to the remote computer and disconnect the usb cable and plug it bac...
                                                                          Technical SupportR/52024-02-22 11:56:57.937Z
                                                                          After upgrade tinypiloit is not showing the video
                                                                          I am unable to see the screen post the upgrade. Find the link which has available logs - https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/GGePC7JG
                                                                            Technical SupportG/32024-02-21 19:09:28.876Z
                                                                            Noise
                                                                            The cooling fan on my TinyPilot has started making a lot of noise. I can unplug it and let it cool down to room temperature, it is quiet when it starts again but then gets noisy after an hour or so. Is there a fix?
                                                                              Technical SupportDTT/72024-02-21 19:02:08.096Z
                                                                              Fan constantly loud
                                                                              Persists across reboots, does not go down after it's been up a while, even if I'm not connecting to it. Running off provided USB C power supply. Only thing customized is adding tailscale. I popped the case to see if it was just some obstruction in th...
                                                                                Technical SupportCC/C12024-02-21 17:50:54.327Z
                                                                                Can't install from GitHub under Bookworm
                                                                                EDIT: I see that Bookworm isn't supported yet. Should I add these issues to GitHub? I did a search for "Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages", but didn't find anything. Let me know if you want a Bookworm install for testing, othe...
                                                                                  Technical SupportR/32024-02-21 12:13:09.024Z
                                                                                  Refreshing a 2020 TinyPilot "All in One"
                                                                                  I have an old 2020 Era, RPi4 w/ 2GB RAM, TinyPilot "All in One" with a GeekWorm C779 HDMI->RPI Camera board, running Buster. If I wanted to "refresh" it, could I just replace the SD card with a new BookWorm-based RPiOS and install the latest TinyPilo...
                                                                                    Technical SupportR/52024-02-21 12:07:18.438Z