No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
TinyPilot using remote desktop and ipad with magic keyboard
Hi, I am using this awesome tool and I am loving it. when I want to access tiny pilot from outside my home network and I use my iPad browser (chrome, firefox or Safari) I experiance unbearable slowness, so I decided to connect to a virtual machine in...
    GeneralBB62021-09-03 21:58:58.797Z
    Tinypilot Pro update fails
    Tried to update using web gui and via SSH error via SSH: E: Repository 'http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'stable' to 'oldstable' N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repo...
      GeneralKK2F272021-09-03 21:47:43.316Z
      Mouse HID gets interpreted as touch on Chromebook
      I'm controlling a Chromebook remotely from a Windows 10 computer through Chrome (holy inception, Batman!). The Chromebook seems to interpret the TinyPilot HID device (/dev/hidg1) as touch input. When I wave my mouse around on the Windows 10 computer,...
        Technical SupportVV52021-09-02 08:00:22.148Z
        Higher resolution
        The TinyPilot Voyager looks really tempting, but I would like a higher resolution, maybe even DisplayPort input instead of HDMI. Is there any chance of you doing something like that?
          GeneralUW22021-09-01 19:23:17.637Z
          Trouble installing TIny Pilot
          I have a raspberry pi 4 with raspbian 10 installed. I tried downloading and installing tiny pilot on it from the instructions here: https://tinypilotkvm.com/blog/build-a-kvm-over-ip-under-100#how-to-build-your-own-tinypilot It appears to download and...
            Technical SupportPP62021-08-30 00:10:15.371Z
            Issue with Tinypilot and AIMOS KVM - unable to activate hotkeys
            Hi, Just received my device and hooked it up to the AIMOS 4 port KVM I bought in anticipation of using it with the Tinypilot. So I've hooked it up, and added a powered HDMI splitter. I've booted and it's all looking good - but a couple of issues pres...
              Technical SupportJ82021-08-27 20:17:52.614Z
              HTTPS Error
              This is the error i get for https on my TinyPilot. Is there anyway to make this go away?
                Technical SupportN12021-08-24 21:17:00.002Z
                Latency issues
                I hooked up a GoPro to the hdmi input on the pilot and I’m getting a lot of latency in the video transmission. Could it be the camera itself, and do you have any suggestions for ways to minimize the latency in the system?
                  GeneralM12021-08-24 19:14:12.191Z
                  Activate keyboard
                  Hello, first of all, thanks for the build :) I installed it on a PI rev B with power adapter 2A :( I have the screen, the icon "connected" but when I click on the keyboard nothing happens. Did I miss something ? Many thanks
                    GeneralJJ82021-08-16 12:34:24.259Z
                    TinyPilot Voyager didnt come with TinyPilot pro preinstalled?
                    Hi, My boss ordered a tinypilot voyager for us, but it didnt have tinypilot pro preinstalled, where can we download this image? Br Jacob
                      GeneralTT22021-08-16 08:26:58.297Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Virtual drive - select cdrom or removable media
                      With a cdrom virtual image, windows suggests formatting the device, boot fails. Please add a choice between cdrom and removable media. Works with PiKVM selection cdrom instead of flash.
                        GeneralCB102021-08-11 22:16:33.769Z
                        microSD image
                        Hi Michael, I suspect a corrupted image due to user error. Can I request the latest TinyPilot microSD image?
                          General112021-08-11 18:31:09.112Z
                          TinyPilot Pro questions
                          First off great concept =) and amazing all things we can do with Pis. What is the planned yearly price to keep updates after buying the license? Is the pro setup to configure for remote IP connection? I know the std you can do it but have to add a do...
                            GeneralS32021-08-05 19:23:49.760Z
                            Right way to set TLS certificates
                            Hello, I'm looking for the instruction on how to set TLS certs in the right way (without CA). I'm using my own CA that is configured as trusted on all devices, so, I only want to set the TLS keys for the tinypilot itself w/o providing the CA. I tried...
                              GeneralF72021-08-04 21:17:42.562Z
                              Control via API
                              Hello, Is it possible to connect servers via E-SDS 8 Port HDMI KVM Switch to TinyPilot and control them via API (e.g. reset)?
                                Technical SupportA32021-08-04 20:47:01.522Z
                                Hide the TinyPilot Settings dropdown menu in the browser interface
                                Hello - is there a way to hide the settings menu in the TinyPilot admin bar in the browser. I dont want anyone to change any settings menu as they access the TinyPilot
                                  GeneralJ212021-08-04 20:42:16.521Z
                                  Video issue - certain pixels and colors corrupt image
                                  So, I have been running into this issue a handful of times and I think I have isolated the cause. For whatever reason, a certain pixel/color array will corrupt the image from that point on. Not the whole image, just from that point to the end of the ...
                                    Technical SupportDD62021-08-04 18:43:40.985Z
                                    Not able to boot from virtual media
                                    Hello, I have recently purchased a Tinypilot Pro and I am attempting to use the virtual media feature to install Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop. I was able to upload the latest Windows 10 ISO and "mount" it, but for whatever reason I am u...
                                      GeneralDG42021-07-30 02:44:42.398Z
                                      Mouse and Keybord does not move over wan
                                      I have a single laptop that i would like to access from internet time to time. All settings are good with the firewall but I can not click or move mouse when I am trying to connect over wan. When I am within my home network (thats where tinypilot is ...
                                        GeneralN12021-07-28 22:31:29.649Z
                                        Shipping Couriers
                                        Hi, Do you offer shipping with another courier other than USPS, such as FedEx? USPS sometimes has issues delivering packages to my office.
                                          General112021-07-28 22:00:14.651Z
                                          Enable HTTPS
                                          Hi, I bought the hobbies kit and I was able to assemble it together and start testing it. Is there any documentation on how to enable https?
                                            Technical SupportNN22021-07-27 22:55:09.480Z
                                            USB Mag Card Reader
                                            I have a device that requires the use of a USB Card reader to access the application. Can Tiny Pilot pass the card swipe remotely to the device? Example is if I have the USB card reader installed on the remote PC with the tiny pilot browser open. Can...
                                              GeneralBB22021-07-27 22:43:01.016Z
                                              Forward kb & mouse input from remote desktop?
                                              If I remotely connect to a Windows PC using M$ Remote Desktop, then access TinyPilots web-controls on that client PC to control a different PC, then will the KB+mouse movements be forwarded to the different PC the same as if I was physically providin...
                                                Technical SupportMM22021-07-26 19:30:22.350Z
                                                Shipping to Europe
                                                Hi. I live in Europe (Sweden). My understanding is that you ship TinyPilot from the United States. Does the calculated price with shipping include the import taxes + VAT of the destination country?
                                                  GeneralLL22021-07-26 18:48:33.850Z
                                                  Possible bug? Upload ISO from local PC method.
                                                  It seems to be some issue with the upload of ISO from the local PC to TinyPilot, which sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't. Tried to use different browser (switching between Chrome, Firefox and Edge), clearing the session, reboot and retry, ch...
                                                    Technical SupportN52021-07-23 20:40:43.938Z
                                                    Upgrade Issue
                                                    Michael, Tried to update to the latest version from July 2021 got an error on the Web UI so went to command line and tried /opt/tinypilot/scripts/upgrade IT failed as well become: true become_method: sudo roles: - role: tinypilot.tinypilot-pro' ansib...
                                                      GeneralG22021-07-21 19:10:41.983Z
                                                      boot from remote without pro
                                                      This device looks very promising! Congratulations. I have a couple of questions before buying it: Once the pro license expires. Is it possible to boot the target computer with something in the remote computer? Can I still use the images I had uploade...
                                                        Technical SupportO12021-07-21 18:49:11.803Z
                                                        invoice
                                                        I'm in Spain, I see you do international shipping with fedex, so I understand I will be able to by your product and get it, but Is it possible to get an invoice with my data (company name, adress ...) thank you
                                                          GeneralON22021-07-21 18:46:08.352Z
                                                          Blank screen logging into BIOS.
                                                          I hooked up my Hobbyist kit to my Intel NUC NUC8BEH and when I try to enter the UEFI / BIOS, I get a blank screen. Per this website, looks like there may be a resolution issue, Intel Help Page @ https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/article...
                                                            Technical SupportCN62021-07-21 16:43:03.261Z
                                                            tinypilot nvr integration
                                                            dear group, i bought tinypilot pro, in order to control my two nvrs in server room( ground floor) from my office ( first floor ) via our local lan . i bought all hardware mentioned in the video View on YouTube as of now i cannot use mouse movements o...
                                                              GeneralJ82021-07-20 20:59:20.610Z
                                                              Alternative to tinypower connector
                                                              Michael, I have one of the below. Can this be used instead of the tinypower connector? https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Female-Charging-Splitter-Compatible/dp/B08KPD5S82/ref=pd_bxgy_img_1/132-9792892-0970321?pd_rd_w=iAfig&pf_rd_p=c64372fa-c41c-422e-990...
                                                                GeneralG12021-07-14 17:51:22.229Z
                                                                Mount virtual media RW?
                                                                I know it is not possible from web interface, but is there a file to manually edit to change a virtual disk image to RW when mounted? Would be a nice option in the web interface at some point as well.
                                                                  GeneralS212021-07-14 17:49:25.552Z
                                                                  Mouse movement erratic - keyboard has no response
                                                                  The mouse is moving all over the screen on its own, and is very, very lagged (unusable). This is a camera NVR system that the TinyPilot is connected to. The log is here: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/emDSAY3m
                                                                    GeneralA92021-07-14 17:34:34.203Z
                                                                    Is there a way to use the USB-A ports to send keyboard+mouse inputs to the target computer?
                                                                    I've set up TinyPilot on a Raspberry Pi 4, video capture is working fine but I don't have the USB-C splitter mentioned on the wiki and git, mostly because I live in Europe and getting it shipped would probably take a while. I do have a USB-A male-to-...
                                                                      GeneralBB52021-07-13 18:39:04.445Z
                                                                      TinyPilot Hobbyist Kit minus Pi4 and case
                                                                      Is there a TinyPilot Hobbyist Kit that does not contain the Pi4 and case. I already have my own Pi 4 and only need the remaining items. Thank you
                                                                        GeneralP12021-07-02 22:34:51.107Z
                                                                        Csi to hdmi
                                                                        Will it work id is use csi to hdmi to connect the display
                                                                          GeneralSSP212021-07-01 22:06:02.881Z
                                                                          I planning to get one.
                                                                          Hello everyone, I would like to buy a tiny pilot voyager to test how well it works, but I have a few questions: Is the TinyP Pro version a different device or you get the voyager and the extra (pro version) features go on top of it? With the pro vers...
                                                                            GeneralG232021-06-29 21:04:13.555Z
                                                                            Tinypilot KVM - delay introduced on heavier applications
                                                                            So during the start of the session KVM is fast and all with almost all applications but when we start accesing heavier applications like Visual Studio with a big project loaded onto it, the original laptop switches to and from the Visual studio windo...
                                                                              Technical SupportT12021-06-28 19:25:03.620Z
                                                                              Changing TinyPilot to Generic USB Keyboard only
                                                                              Hi, so my issue is as follows. My laptop is using full disk encryption, when it boots it goes to a pre-Windows login screen to decrypt the drive. At this point of the boot routine, neither the mouse or keyboard work. A normal USB keyboard plugged int...
                                                                                Technical SupportX12021-06-28 18:49:39.880Z
                                                                                I cant into BIOS
                                                                                After reboot see the screen, i press virtual keyboard [del] many time, I cant into BIOS to change boot order. my verison is tinypilot pro 1.5.1 , thanks for answer. link is my video https://easyupload.io/4vhwig https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/kb9Jb0RF
                                                                                  Technical SupportGG42021-06-25 03:46:18.209Z