No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
Keyboard not working but mouse does
We have recently purchased the TinyPilot Voyager 2 and it seems to mostly work, except the attached computer is not receiving keyboard input, neither from the virtual keyboard or a physical (remote) keyboard. All USB cables are attached as directed, ...
    Technical SupportAA22022-09-15 16:31:16.000Z
    TinyPilot Voyager Not Booting Up Properly
    I recently purchased a TinyPilot Voyager and I followed the instructions properly from this website to set it up. However, I am only getting a red light upon connecting the TinyPilot Voyager to power and ethernet. I suspect the image is corrupted bec...
      Technical SupportRF32022-09-15 04:57:08.405Z
      CS2 Resolution - No Signal
      I've come from over 30 years in the DOS and Windows world, and a newbie to Raspberry pi/Linux/Unix(and variants). I built the TinyPilot KVM with the Pi 4 and GeekWorm CS2 camera module to manage my security camera DVR. I tested it with my laptop, and...
        Technical SupportK92022-09-12 12:45:14.179Z
        TinyPilot Display is Broken
        Hi I recently setup the Tiny Pilot Voyage 2 into my target Computer, however I could not get a proper image shown in the tinypilot website. I had restarted the TP, changed a new HDMI but the problem still persists. Please give me some solutions on th...
          Technical SupportY142022-09-06 13:20:39.823Z
          TinyPilot and Optiplex 9020M differences
          tinypilot when connected to an Optiplex 9020M has problems: 1.- display Bios settings f2 and f5 system test is OK 2.- Linux Boot options screen not displaying and Linux Rockylinux does not display 3.- Virtual media does not work 4.- Keyboard and Mous...
            Technical SupportM42022-09-04 23:08:49.590Z
            setting a static IP address on the TinyPilot Voyager 2
            I am referecing: https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/static-ip In the Putty session I enter the following commands and then hit the enter key shown by --> export TINYPILOT_STATIC_IP="10.0.0.223/24" export ROUTERS="10.0.0.1" export DNS="${ROUTERS} 8.8.8.8 1....
              Technical SupportS12022-09-02 12:11:01.372Z
              Wake On LAN - Saved List
              Hi, I'm hoping this is something that can be added. I have a handful of servers and devices that support WOL. After a power outage or scheduled shutdown, it would be great to be able to have their MAC address along with a friendly name in a saved lis...
                IdeasS12022-08-31 14:35:42.198Z
                No data for Tiny Pilot
                Using Tiny Pilot is not getting any data over it connection. I have tried to change cables and updating the Tiny Pilot. In windows the Tiny Pilot is giving a code 43 error and when I go to get debug all is says is "write error: No space left on device".
                  Technical SupportA82022-08-26 23:39:13.724Z
                  Update error
                  When clicked "update" button from the menu, the below error message appears: Error: Failed to check latest available version: fatal: unable to access [redacted]: Couldn't connect to server Please help.
                    Technical SupportT32022-08-25 22:20:23.960Z
                    Feedback / Roadmap enquiries
                    Hi There, Recently got one of your KVMs from your re-seller in Germany for testing, I'm based in the UK. Firstly - When connecting to a standard PC or MAC via the TinyPilot, I thought the experience was great. I found the mouse movements much smoothe...
                      GeneralR42022-08-23 21:09:07.910Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Getting error trying to load windows 11 from ISO
                      Trying to load windows 11 iso in virtual media set in Flash mode. Shows up ad USB CDROM: When I try to to boot to it I get this:
                        Technical SupportU12022-08-22 15:32:35.232Z
                        TinyPilot is not recognized as a mouse by the Mac Studio, but it still works.
                        Hey Tiny Pilot team, I've seen this issue reported a zillion times over, and I'm sorry to add another to the pile. I'm using a TinyPilot attached to a Mac Studio. This Mac is erased very frequently, and oftentimes during the install process the devic...
                          Technical SupportG72022-08-16 21:14:27.155Z
                          Mouse only moves fractional on Gigabyte BIOS
                          I use a Gigabyte Z690i DDR4 motherboard. When I put my mouse on the up left corner, the mouse on my remote machine is the same place. But when I move my mouse to the down right, it only moves about half of my actual movement. Therefore, when my mouse...
                            Technical SupportA12022-08-15 23:37:40.105Z
                            4G/Remote viewing
                            A bit in the realm of niche ideas but... I'm currently in a role where we frequently end up in a situation where the "hands" we have onsite aren't IT minded. If we could ship them a TinyPilot with a builtin 4G connection and some sort of remote conne...
                              IdeasR2CMT92022-08-15 23:29:39.448Z
                              Raspberry pi4 does not take keyboard inputs
                              Team, I installed the tiny pilot and follow the instructions. However I can see the video output but my mouse or keyboard inputs are not sent over to the laptop. I do not know what I am doing wrong. https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/gSdizG83 Can anyone p...
                                Technical SupportJ122022-08-15 23:24:09.552Z
                                DVI to HDMI no longer works after upgrade.
                                DVI to HDMI displays colored screen after tinypilot upgrade. https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/jY5oYVmm
                                  Technical SupportD12022-08-11 22:21:23.829Z
                                  Falls off network ("Destination host unreachable")
                                  Hi, my tinypilot (connected via WIFI, not ethernet) become unreachable via SSH every 72hrs and i found out that it is actually quite a common issue for rasp pi https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=64620 https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com...
                                    Technical SupportO202022-08-10 23:07:52.777Z
                                    Keyboard Mouyse not working, HDMI ok, tested on 2 computers, changed USB cables,
                                    Hi, Just like the title says, I can't get any keystrokes or mouse pointer changes to work. I tried on a computer that was working just fine with TinyPilot (windows 10); restarted computer and raspberry pi many times, changed all usb cables and secure...
                                      Technical SupportDD32022-08-05 00:54:41.126Z
                                      Balena fails to create image
                                      I downloaded the image to do a factory reset, but when I try to cut the image to a SD Balena fails. I've tried on two different chips. I also put a request into Balena support but thought I would see if this problem was encountered by other Tinypilot...
                                        Technical SupportJ32022-08-04 20:39:13.989Z
                                        Mouse and Keyboard are not working
                                        Hello I found the mouse and Keyboard are not working, please help me asap ??? it is give me error message -? USB is not recognize
                                          Technical SupportS32022-08-04 00:44:12.960Z
                                          keyboard lag
                                          Hi - I'm so glad I bought a TinyPilot. I have a highly locked down corporate Windows laptop that I'm now able to integrate very nicely into my dual-monitor Mac world. My only struggle is that keyboard input is pretty slow. Keystrokes buffer up and ap...
                                            Technical SupportP72022-08-04 00:01:29.571Z
                                            Order number request
                                            Can't seem to find my order number? How do I retrieve it. I need to do a reset on the Tinypilot.
                                              Technical SupportJ12022-08-02 20:40:45.445Z
                                              How to fsck the root filesystem on a tinypilot bought from the website?
                                              I noticed the root filesystem on our tinypilot has errors, and it seems it's not been fixed at reboot. I had a look using dump2fs, and this is the result: root@tinypilot:~# dumpe2fs -h /dev/mmcblk0p2 dumpe2fs 1.44.5 (15-Dec-2018) Filesystem volume n...
                                                Technical SupportR232022-08-02 20:34:01.725Z
                                                Windows 98??
                                                I'm trying to setup TinyPilot on a Window 98 (no, that's not a typo!!) machine. I've got functional video and keyboard support working, but I cannot get the mouse to work. I suspect it may not like the mouse and the keyboard coming in on the same USB...
                                                  Technical SupportDA282022-08-02 20:21:05.443Z
                                                  Access browser within from tinypilot
                                                  I have a hunch the answer to this is no but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to allow a user to access the browser on the network that the Tinypilot is on at the remote location. I know the first response is why not just access the browser from the PC...
                                                    Technical SupportJ42022-08-01 21:54:20.913Z
                                                    Virtual desktop distortion with larger 4:3 resolutions on host machine using VGA to HDMI adapter.
                                                    Hello. I am testing various 4:3 desktop resolutions from older machines running Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I am using the VGA to HDMI adapter sold with the Voyager 2. 640x480 and 800x600 display correctly and operate very well. Some lar...
                                                      Technical SupportA2A232022-08-01 21:42:17.975Z
                                                      Broken image no remote desktop
                                                      Hi I just get a broken image and no remote desktop coming through, checked all the cables, updated the software, works fine out to a monitor. Any ideas? Screenshot below
                                                        Technical SupportAR82022-08-01 18:40:54.533Z
                                                        Odroid C4 working great :) but...
                                                        Hi, Thanks for sharing this project, great work!! I installed tinypilot on an Odroid C4. (I had to comment out the 64-bit version of Raspberry Pi OS check in quick-install). Running Armbian 22.05.3 with Linux 5.10.133. Keyboard, mouse, and video (HDM...
                                                          Technical SupportD2D222022-07-29 00:12:16.265Z
                                                          Cursor lag
                                                          The cursor seems to lag about 5-10 secs behind the movement. Using remoteit to connect to Tinypilot. Also, just to add to the weirdness, on my laptop the cursor doesn't appear. On my desktop it appears but lags. Laptop is connected via wireless to th...
                                                            Technical SupportJ32022-07-28 22:43:20.659Z
                                                            Whiteware USB-C Splitter
                                                            Hello, we wanted to test TinyPilot and we have everything necessary at the company and got these splitters flying around can we use them for testing? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08YS32ZW7 Greetings Neo
                                                              GeneralN42022-07-28 00:39:29.454Z
                                                              disconnect
                                                              Hi I recently bought the tiny pilot Voyager 2 KVM and after couple of days of use, i find that it gets disconnected and i am unable to continue my operations, i have tried restarting, shutting down but still the same . i am using an updated version o...
                                                                Technical SupportM12022-07-25 23:08:10.874Z
                                                                screen unable to show
                                                                enclosed the screen capture.
                                                                  Technical SupportR12022-07-25 23:05:24.175Z
                                                                  tinypilot
                                                                  I connect the Dell OptiPlex 9020M and I get video only in the bios once I boot linux or windows can't get any video to work
                                                                    Technical SupportM12022-07-25 23:02:48.988Z
                                                                    How do I know H264 is enabled besides seeing "Janus" in htop ?
                                                                    I am skeptical because I would assume that if H264 was enabled then "JPEG" quality settings shouldn't make any difference since that MJPEG controls specifically correct? But the slider does still change the quality, despite the command running succes...
                                                                      GeneralA362022-07-18 23:04:52.231Z
                                                                      Unable to access the keyboard
                                                                      I am trying to access keyboard from mac to another machine. Unable to access the keyboard of the target machine.
                                                                        Technical SupportR12022-07-13 22:54:38.050Z
                                                                        Multiple User access to TinyPilot web interface continuously?
                                                                        I'm thinking of using this device for my work to access our DVR over the local network. If I connect to the DVR's web interface over the DVR's IP, the amount of video streams being sent results in laggy video feeds. With "local" viewing via a TinyPil...
                                                                          Technical SupportJ32022-07-13 22:43:02.666Z
                                                                          unable to share the screen in between laptops
                                                                          I only got power adapter and tiny pilot device and a cable. I don’t know how to connect to share the other laptop screen. Do I have to buy any additional cables ?
                                                                            Technical SupportR52022-07-13 21:42:10.375Z
                                                                            VGA not working on reboot
                                                                            When we use the tinypilot with the VGA adapter, we get "NO SIGNAL" when the computer power up or reboots. However, if we boot up with a normal monitor on the VGA port of the computer and then switch to tinypilot (with VGA adapter) we get a display. O...
                                                                              Technical SupportD332022-07-13 01:32:18.147Z
                                                                              Win 11 mini PC no keystrokes
                                                                              I was able to get my TinyPilot setup and controlling a traditional midtower Win 10 PC but when I use a Beelink Win 11 minipc I can see video and control the mouse remotely but I am unable to use remote keyboard strokes or even the clickable keyboard ...
                                                                                Technical SupportT32022-07-13 00:52:43.497Z
                                                                                Shows video but cannot connect to tinypilot
                                                                                Strange problem. I bring up tinypilot and it shows the initial screen but it seems like keyboard strokes are not passed to tinypilot. Video is working fine. There is a message that shows a red disconnected status but again, the video works fine and w...
                                                                                  Technical SupportJ72022-07-12 19:49:28.220Z