No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsers / AssignedRepliesActivity
Fan is failing on an almost new voyager
Hello, I bought a tiny pilot voyager 2a 20 days ago. I think I have it in possession for 10 days tops and the fan already started grinding and failing to spin. I have 2 questions: Is it safe to run it with the fan unplugged? What do I need to do to g...
    Technical SupportCA32024-01-12 12:24:59.172Z
    Voyager dead (even to pings) after upgrade attempt
    Hi Support, I have an exact same problem as another member in the forum that asked for help. But since the resolution was resolved off this site. I will need to re-ask for help: I tried to upgrade my Voyager but now it's dead and doesn't even respond...
      Technical SupportA/12024-01-12 12:12:30.531Z
      Voyager dead (even to pings) after upgrade attempt
      Hi ... I tried to upgrade my Voyager but now it's dead and doesn't even respond to pings. I'm happy to try and reflash the sdcard but it prompts me for my original purchase details since I think I might need a new subscription. Is there a location wh...
        Technical SupportVAV/52024-01-12 02:09:51.624Z
        TinyPilot Pro Update Issues
        I'm trying to update the Tiny Pilot Pro to the latest version - 2.5,4 and I get errors every time I try to do it: The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2.
          Technical SupportP/32024-01-10 14:58:24.797Z
          Trying to update but getting a disk full message
          Trying to update from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 and getting the disk full message. Here is the df output If it is because the USB stick is only 4GB can I just copy the contents to a larger stick or do I have to use the utility to recreate the files? The documen...
            Technical SupportJ/32024-01-10 12:16:13.466Z
            Mobile keyboard support
            I've been using a tiny for about a year and I think it's an amazing product. It has saved me a lot of time but one thing that really slows me down is using the keyboard of the tiny pilot instead of using the mobile native keyboard. Is it posible to u...
              Technical SupportRC/C12024-01-08 21:03:49.326Z
              Full disk encryption boot password
              Is entering the disk encryption password at boot always a problem with TinyPilotKVM, or does it depend on specific laptop model/software? Raising this topic again to see if there have been any solutions. The problem was first reported in this post, b...
                GeneralPC/C52024-01-02 13:14:53.138Z
                Disable password complexity requirements
                Hi there, We're using several TinyPilots on internal networks in my company and would like the option of very short and simple passwords. Is there any configuration file I can edit to disable password complexity requirements? I.e. allow shorter than ...
                  Technical SupportA/12023-12-29 12:21:40.961Z
                  Update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4, failed and broken the tinypilot service
                  Hi, somehow I was using 2.5.0 and was trying to do a quick update after quite sometime. However, upgrade from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4 seems having some known bugs, and wasn't aware of it until I experienced it, and checked over here. Tried to import the key, ...
                    Technical SupportN/32023-12-28 15:04:28.407Z
                    TinyPilotKVM - Setup - New Purchase Help
                    Hi, I am planning to purchase TinyPilotKVM device and I want to ensure it works with my setup(Please see attached image) and I want to make sure I have answers forehand to the following questions as well. If anyone has same setup and has gone through...
                      Technical SupportA2C/C32023-12-28 03:27:36.903Z
                      Explain icons...
                      Tinypilot opens on one pc but not other
                      So the Tinypilot url accessibility is very random and it won’t connect forever on a system that it used to work fine yesterday. Sometimes, I would be able to access the url on one machine and not on another one. How do I have the url access issues so...
                        Technical SupportG142023-12-27 17:57:48.223Z
                        HDMI video gets disconnected after some time
                        Hi - I need some help urgently because of impending travel and I am trying to setup my computer with my tinypilot (Voyager 2) device. It works for a bit and then, when computer sleeps (I think), I don't get video anymore. It works again only after re...
                          Technical SupportA/22023-12-27 11:37:34.327Z
                          Unable to update from 2.6.0 to 2.6.2
                          I am getting the log error below: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/SwY9FHom
                            Technical SupportMC/C12023-12-22 23:19:58.397Z
                            TinyPilot Voyager 2a Specifications
                            Can someone share the detailed Specifications for the TinyPilot Voyager 2a? I cant seem to find on the product page.
                              GeneralA2/12023-12-22 12:25:10.424Z
                              Reduced TinyPilot support over the holidays
                              Happy holidays from the TinyPilot team! Over the next few days, the TinyPilot team will be taking some well-earned time off - including the support team here on the forum. You're more than welcome to continue posting and asking questions, but respons...
                                General02023-12-22 12:21:03.043Z
                                TinyPilot is not detectable on network any more
                                My Tinypilot suddenly stopped responding. I can no longer ping it on the network. I restarted it and then did the entire process to reset it using instructions from https://tinypilotkvm.com/faq/factory-reset with tiny pilot-voyager-2.6.2-2023-11-09T1...
                                  Technical SupportJC/C42023-12-21 20:28:16.205Z
                                  Voyager 2a changing TLS/SSL listen port via SSH
                                  I'm trying to reach multiple TinyPilot Voyager2a through my firewall from the internet, so need to change the listen port on each device. I found an article that provides the script to set through SSH, however, the "update" command isn't found. "sett...
                                    Technical SupportC2/82023-12-18 12:51:03.431Z
                                    Tiny Pilot performance and certificate issue
                                    Some browsers work fine with https://tinypilot/ and others refuse to connect unless I add .local to the end (https://tinypilot.local/) The problem is if I connect with tinypilot.local, I get this connection is not secure. How can I correct it so the ...
                                      GeneralG/12023-12-18 12:35:42.041Z
                                      Remote customer service - lag?
                                      Hello! My wife works works remotely and has a company laptop. She wants to leave her computer at home. Thinking about whether something like this TinyPilot could work as a way for her to access her computer (mouse/keyboard/monitor) to work from anoth...
                                        GeneralBG/22023-12-15 15:19:53.025Z
                                        Tinypilot to Raspberry PI 4 USB not working
                                        I've connected my Tinypilot to the Raspberry PI and the USB input doesn't seem to be working. It works fine when connected to PC/NUC and several other devices so far. I've looked at: No USB input Hello, I setup TinyPilot for the first time. I'm using...
                                          Technical SupportJC/C42023-12-12 02:01:29.137Z
                                          Technical SupportCXC/C22023-12-08 17:43:16.391Z
                                          TinyPilot Voyager 2a stuck in DHCP loop
                                          Hello, I have a TinyPilot which currently seems to be stuck in a DHCP loop. Here is my logs from ISC DHCPD (redacted slightly): Dec 07 13:29:08 DHCPD_SERVER_NAME_REDACTED dhcpd[17375]: DHCPDISCOVER from d8:3a:de:ad:be:ef (tinypilot) via 10.10.0.1 Dec...
                                            Technical SupportSCS/C42023-12-08 17:42:02.397Z
                                            Technical SupportCYC/C22023-12-08 17:41:53.468Z
                                            No Signal
                                            https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/b8JjfdIY can you please help on the issue i am facing
                                              Technical SupportYC/C32023-12-08 13:46:18.947Z
                                              Intel Mac boot menu - Hold down option
                                              On this mac, holding down the 'option' key during boot brings up the startup disk selection menu. I cannot duplicate this behavior with my physical keyboard in full screen mode, or with the on screen keyboard. I see this issue, but it implies that it...
                                                Technical SupportCC/C52023-12-07 22:26:42.304Z
                                                Linux host, EDID preferring 640x480
                                                Attached my tinypilot (v2.6.1) to a ubuntu host (22.04 LTS), boots to 640x480 - persists across reboot of host and tinypilot. $ sudo get-edid | sudo parse-edid This is read-edid version 3.0.2. Prepare for some fun. Attempting to use i2c interface No ...
                                                  Technical SupportC/72023-12-07 11:24:54.334Z
                                                  how to start add feature to tinypilot
                                                  Hi ... I have some knowledge on Python Flask, and Arduino. I want to to try to add feature to tinypilot so that tinypilot able to do remote ATX controll to managed node. It'll consist of: a. A python script that extend existing flask script b. A pyth...
                                                    GeneralBB22023-12-06 03:07:50.792Z
                                                    Tiny Pilot not getting an IP address
                                                    It was working fine till june this year, i stoped using it till now that i need it again, it just wont take an ip address from my dhcp server
                                                      Technical SupportAC/C12023-12-05 04:24:14.237Z
                                                      TinyPilot occationally freezes, then audio is distorted after restarting TinyPilot
                                                      I have been using the new H.264 with audio support on my TinyPilot Voyager 2a and it works well until TinyPilot freezes. When the remote screen freezes, I refresh my web browser (FireFox) and the video feed won't come back. Even MJPEG fails. The only...
                                                        Technical SupportARPC/C272023-12-05 04:11:52.571Z
                                                        password reset can't find /home/tinypilot/tinypilot.db
                                                        I set username and password on my web browser but forgot my password. Unfortunately, ssh doesn't work for me because I lost my password either. So I tried to delete /home/tinypilot/tinypilot.db following instructions but I can't find the folder. I ba...
                                                          Technical SupportT/12023-12-04 12:24:50.135Z
                                                          No keyboard/mouse, undervoltage with Fresh Install
                                                          Just did a fresh install. I see video but no response for keyboard and mouse. I'm also seeing an undervoltage even though I'm using the Tinypilot data splitter. In addition, the video disappears frequently. I assume that is due to the undervoltage as...
                                                            Technical SupportC/112023-12-04 12:01:38.226Z
                                                            "module 'yaml' has no attribute 'safe_load'"
                                                            Hello, We got this error after rebooting our TinyPilot following a power failure: "module 'yaml' has no attribute 'safe_load'"?! What's the problem exactly? Thanks
                                                              Technical SupportOO/22023-12-02 01:34:05.958Z
                                                              Return Policy
                                                              What is the Return Policy for the Voyager 2a? We sent an email to the TinyPilot Support email on April 17 but we haven't heard anything back. Thanks!
                                                                GeneralJS2/62023-12-01 12:26:19.329Z
                                                                TinyPilot not getting an IP address?
                                                                I purchased my TinyPilot hobbyist kit back in January and finally got around to setting it up today. I hooked everything up per the assembly instructions, however it doesn't seem to be getting an IP address via DHCP, as I can't access it via the tiny...
                                                                  Technical Support32023-12-01 05:43:05.572Z
                                                                  Can't update from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 - No Space left on device
                                                                  Hey all. I'm experiencing this error when trying to update: Error: [Errno 28] No space left on device. I've been using the device in a very basic mode and haven't installed or configured anything extra. It typically runs 100% of the time with no rebo...
                                                                    Technical SupportICI/C22023-11-29 20:36:16.182Z
                                                                    Technical SupportR222023-11-29 12:54:23.541Z
                                                                    can't connect
                                                                    I have just installed tinypilot. It i visible on the router, but I can't connect via https://tinypilot.local or https://tinypilot If there is no way to connect to it, then I can't begin to troubleshoot
                                                                      GeneralSTR2202023-11-29 04:54:06.005Z
                                                                      Technical SupportJ/102023-11-24 12:21:23.139Z
                                                                      Multiple PCs
                                                                      Can I use multiple laptops with one Tinypilot?
                                                                        Technical SupportGC/C12023-11-21 02:10:34.281Z
                                                                        Cannot Update From 2.5.0 to 2.5.4
                                                                        Getting this message when attempting to update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4 The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2. Seen the workaround but that involves things that are beyond my ability. Wil...
                                                                          Technical SupportJ2/32023-11-20 18:49:42.161Z