No internet connection

Welcome to the TinyPilot community!

You can ask questions, make feature requests, or share neat things you've done with your TinyPilot.

Topics, recently active firstCategoryUsersRepliesActivity
November 23, 2021 update is a winner!
Came online to post an issue, saw mention of release 2.3.1 (November 23, 2021 update) and performed the upgrade. I am seeing much improved video and mouse performance! Great update everyone. Thank you.
    GeneralF12021-11-23 21:45:22.543Z
    Waking sleeping machine using keyboard or mouse, but without using WoL
    Can anyone say if TinyPilot is able to wake up a remote machine if WakeOnLan is not available? I can wake the remote machine by moving or pressing a button on a logitech keyboard or mouse.
      GeneralT12021-11-22 20:19:31.649Z
      at bios, unresponsive
      just got my tinypilot v2.3.1 [pro] played around with it and was intrigued with the virtual drive option. very handy. so i mounted a few ISOs and installed an ubuntu LTS. worked very good. now i wanted to update my bios. pc is a intel-nuc-kit-nuc6i7k...
        Technical SupportY22021-11-22 15:41:57.122Z
        TinyPilot Voyager with PoE splitter
        Dear Sirs I'm going to install a TinyPilot Voyager and power it via a PoE splitter. Can I discard the Power Connector altogether and use a front USB port for keyboard and mouse traffic? Thanks and Regards Mauricio
          GeneralMM32021-11-20 10:52:15.274Z
          VGA-to-HDMI adapter power & splitting signal
          What are the best methods for powering the VGA-to-HDMI adapter with the USB cable? Powered from Tiny Pilot? Powered from target? Powered from external power? For us, from target is easiest, but we had one adapter that was failing at the Ubuntu instal...
            GeneralJ12021-11-19 15:48:55.988Z
            virtual media upload failing
            Is there a way to sftp the virtual images to the tinypilot? they keep failing to upload when i try to upload from my laptop via the web interface
              GeneralB12021-11-18 19:30:29.361Z
              Update fail
              Hi. I'm new to the Pi. I thought I knew what I was doing and SSH'd to the tinypilot. I ran the apt update to update everything, rebooted, and now the Tinypilot doesn't respond to the tinypilot URL. I have a solid green and red light. I took out the S...
                GeneralS32021-11-11 22:23:40.412Z
                Reverse Proxy Settings?
                Hi Michael, I'm in awe of what you've built here. Reading your development journey and then building products and a company around what is an amazing solution is really inspiring! I hope it all goes well for you! Also thank you for keeping a free ver...
                  Technical SupportJJ72021-11-10 20:33:12.961Z
                  Windows 11 - missing USB Storage
                  Hello, Windows 11 based installations can't see USB Storage, so installation from Virtual Media is not possible. Is there any workaround ? Thanks.
                    Technical SupportV32021-11-08 22:49:43.685Z
                    Just bought a TinyPilot and the keyboard doesn't work at Bios with an Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
                    @Michael... We just bought a brand new TinyPilot at our studio for me to be able to do remote booting tests, change bios parameters, etc. Our studio is located in Madrid - Spain, and I'm in Vancouver - Canada, so I need a kvm over ip solution. After ...
                      GeneralRR42021-11-05 02:00:25.598Z
                      Explain icons...
                      TinyPilot network doesn't seem to want to initialize
                      Just got my TinyPilot and connected it up to a server to try to test it out, but the network on the TinyPilot never seems to get going. I tested the port with a laptop and was able to get DHCP and everything just fine. When I plug the network back in...
                        GeneralD112021-11-04 19:53:31.818Z
                        NumLock and ten key numbers issue
                        With NumLock off on my keyboard, when I push the "left arrow/ 4" key on the right half of the keyboard, in the lower right of the browser it says "ArrowLeft", but on the remote PC it types a 4. If I turn "NumLock on" on my keyboard and push the "left...
                          GeneralC12021-11-03 22:19:36.979Z
                          Mouse movements not detected, but clicks works
                          Hello, I have installed my tinypilot today, which works fine for video capture, keyboard input and mouse clicks. But it doesn’t work with mouse movements : I don’t see the cursor moving, either on the web page or on the remote PC. With the help of th...
                            Technical SupportK32021-11-02 21:29:39.038Z
                            No Signal since update to 2.5.5
                            I have set my unit up with a KVM physical switch like the youtube video by DB Tech. It was working as expected. I just did the update to 2.5.5 and now I'm getting no signal from either video source (input 1 or 2 on the KVM) I have physically cold boo...
                              Technical SupportGG142021-11-01 19:42:14.809Z
                              TinyPilot Voyager, VGA Adapter and snow/no-signal
                              Hi Folks, Just received my TinyPilot Voyager and have been trying to set it up using the VGA adapter which I purchased with it. I'm having problem getting video signal to come in, the only clean view I've seen is the Windows loading screen. Thought I...
                                GeneralP72021-10-20 22:34:33.204Z
                                Firewall ? Does it have one and if so - what
                                Hello, Does TinyPilot come with an active firewall. I want to setup access from the Internet via a port forward but need to make sure it's not getting blocked internally. What sayeth the group? Jay / CompuMatter
                                  Technical Support22021-10-20 20:25:43.220Z
                                  Storage is full
                                  Is there reason why the storage would keep getting full? This is the second time the space is full on this device. Last time it happened, I had to reinstall the tinypilot in order for it to work.
                                    GeneralN32021-10-19 15:51:26.648Z
                                    Windows.iso boot problem
                                    Hello, Is there any way how to boot Windows.iso? Linux works, but Windows doesn't. Mount mode is flash drive. CD-ROM mode not working either.
                                      GeneralK12021-10-15 21:09:01.066Z
                                      Connector Types Used on the TinyPilot Power Connector?
                                      I’m planning on buying and using the TinyPilot Power Connector with an Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter (which supports 5V ⎓ 3A output as required by the Raspberry Pi 4B). Looking at the product page for the TinyPilot Power Connector, it seems to have: ...
                                        Technical SupportT12021-10-12 22:04:42.898Z
                                        The target computer does not have a usb port
                                        The target computer does not have a usb port , There is no way to use Tinypilot Is there any solution?
                                          GeneralJD42021-10-12 21:04:29.755Z
                                          Mouse movement? Simultaneous keys?
                                          Can mouse / cursor position input be mirrored to the target computer through the Tinypilot? Also can simultaneous key combos e.g. shift + something be sent easily? Also wondering what the device & drivers are displayed as on the target computer. I ha...
                                            GeneralRBD32021-10-12 15:34:27.440Z
                                            TinyPilot to control an Hikvision NVR
                                            Hello, I am considering buying TinyPilot to control an NVR that will be too difficult to reach for a lazy guy like me, and the pros of potentially being able to control it from any browser around the house (and beyond) makes me drool. TinyPilot is go...
                                              GeneralLD22021-10-12 14:55:55.341Z
                                              High latency
                                              Hi, new TinyPilot user here. I am seeing a rather high latency (5 - 30+ seconds between pressing key and it registering on screen) even when average latency is 10ms with 0% packet loss. I am connected through a gigabit ethernet switch. I see a lot of...
                                                Technical SupportR32021-10-07 20:29:12.907Z
                                                Hobbyist: no signal after aborted TC358743 experiment
                                                After setting up the hobbyist kit version of your device, I learned that TC358743 based capture cards reduce the blur of usb based ones. I thought I might order a compatible card and saw the instructions on enabling support. I though I might as well ...
                                                  Technical SupportS22021-10-04 19:44:33.827Z
                                                  Do I need a Voyager for each server I want to control?
                                                  The product looks good, but I'm not clear how it should be installed. Can I use one Voyager to control many servers, or do I need one voyager on each server I wish to control, and use a browser to access each server?
                                                    GeneralF12021-09-27 20:06:18.072Z
                                                    ATX reset for Surface Pro?
                                                    Hi - KVM novice here. Watched Jeff Geerling's video on TinyPilot, and wondering if a remote hard-reset would be possible for a Surface Pro tablet (either stand-alone, or with a docking station setup). Thanks!
                                                      GeneralDD22021-09-22 23:02:57.809Z
                                                      Virtual Media not working
                                                      #1 issue Size Cap? I read there is a TinyPilot Virtual Media size cap Each .ISO (or .IMG) can be no larger than 2.1 GB. Is there a cap? If yes, what is it? #2 Media mounted in running OS does not work HirenBootCD and any other disk I try simply does ...
                                                        Technical SupportD12021-09-22 22:23:06.118Z
                                                        BIOS not viewable
                                                        I have TP Pro. I have tried unit on 2 laptops and a desktop. Cannot see BIOS (during reboot). Post BIOS, I can seen normal Windows bootup.
                                                          Technical SupportD12021-09-22 22:18:13.418Z
                                                          Fix for TinyPilot update failure
                                                          In case this helps others. I tried to update TinyPilot software via Web UI and it failed. I logged in via SSH and ran /opt/tinypilot/scripts/upgrade. Output said file not valid yet and updates for this repository will not be applied. Google said to c...
                                                            GeneralC12021-09-22 19:39:09.588Z
                                                            TinyPilot Pro 2.3.0 released
                                                            This week, we published the September 2021 release of TinyPilot Pro. It adds several features including: Wake on LAN Streaming update logs Keyboard shortcuts for Ctrl + Alt + Del CD-ROM mode for virtual media For full details, see the announcement bl...
                                                              General02021-09-22 19:11:09.526Z
                                                              Way to split Keyboard and Mouse to 2 USB ports to connect to KVM
                                                              My KVM Switch usb ports only has separate ports for Keyboard and Mouse. Is there anyway to split or repeat the USB from the Pi so I can plug into Keyboard and Mouse? Just to note my Pi works in either Keyboard or Mouse plug it only controls either th...
                                                                GeneralK12021-09-10 21:30:53.344Z
                                                                Reduce CSI to HDMI resolution to 800x600
                                                                How to reduce resolution to 800x600? I am using Tinypilot pro version. If possible pls share how to do that in Tinypilot community version also. Thanks
                                                                  Technical SupportP12021-09-09 18:20:58.096Z
                                                                  remote-screen-img size
                                                                  I've managed to increase the ustreamer capture resolution to 4096x2160 using another usb capture card and editing ustreamer.service, but the image size on the webpage is still displaying at 1920x1080. Is it possible to increase the image size on the ...
                                                                    Technical SupportP52021-09-07 18:55:38.339Z
                                                                    TinyPilot using remote desktop and ipad with magic keyboard
                                                                    Hi, I am using this awesome tool and I am loving it. when I want to access tiny pilot from outside my home network and I use my iPad browser (chrome, firefox or Safari) I experiance unbearable slowness, so I decided to connect to a virtual machine in...
                                                                      GeneralBB62021-09-03 21:58:58.797Z
                                                                      Tinypilot Pro update fails
                                                                      Tried to update using web gui and via SSH error via SSH: E: Repository 'http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'stable' to 'oldstable' N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repo...
                                                                        GeneralKK2F272021-09-03 21:47:43.316Z
                                                                        Mouse HID gets interpreted as touch on Chromebook
                                                                        I'm controlling a Chromebook remotely from a Windows 10 computer through Chrome (holy inception, Batman!). The Chromebook seems to interpret the TinyPilot HID device (/dev/hidg1) as touch input. When I wave my mouse around on the Windows 10 computer,...
                                                                          Technical SupportVV52021-09-02 08:00:22.148Z
                                                                          Higher resolution
                                                                          The TinyPilot Voyager looks really tempting, but I would like a higher resolution, maybe even DisplayPort input instead of HDMI. Is there any chance of you doing something like that?
                                                                            GeneralUW22021-09-01 19:23:17.637Z
                                                                            Trouble installing TIny Pilot
                                                                            I have a raspberry pi 4 with raspbian 10 installed. I tried downloading and installing tiny pilot on it from the instructions here: https://tinypilotkvm.com/blog/build-a-kvm-over-ip-under-100#how-to-build-your-own-tinypilot It appears to download and...
                                                                              Technical SupportP2P262021-08-30 00:10:15.371Z
                                                                              Issue with Tinypilot and AIMOS KVM - unable to activate hotkeys
                                                                              Hi, Just received my device and hooked it up to the AIMOS 4 port KVM I bought in anticipation of using it with the Tinypilot. So I've hooked it up, and added a powered HDMI splitter. I've booted and it's all looking good - but a couple of issues pres...
                                                                                Technical SupportJ282021-08-27 20:17:52.614Z
                                                                                HTTPS Error
                                                                                This is the error i get for https on my TinyPilot. Is there anyway to make this go away?
                                                                                  Technical SupportN12021-08-24 21:17:00.002Z