No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

TinyPilot won't network.

By Michael Richards @tsamop
    2024-08-08 23:08:14.038Zassigned to
    • @david

I have not used my TinyPilot for 6 months or so, I just turned it back on, and it does not show up on the network.

--NIC interface lights don't blink, they are both solid green/orange.
    --interface light on UniFi Switch 8 is solid green, Switch says something is connected
    --can't see any TinyPilot in the UniFi interface
    --nmap over the DHCP range shows everything else on the network, but no TinyPilot
    -- I tried 3 different patch cables, they work for other things.
    -- right light on Tiny Pilot is red, left light blinks green at random intervals.

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2024-08-09 11:28:49.387Z

Hi @tsamop, I'm sorry you're running into this networking issue on your TinyPilot.

If your TinyPilot isn't showing up on the network at all and you haven't used it in a long time, my first suggestion would be to perform a factory reset.

Could you try a factory reset on your TinyPilot's microSD card to see if that puts your TinyPilot into a working state (and allow it to join your network)?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. T
        In reply totsamop:
        Michael Richards @tsamop
          2024-09-13 21:43:31.855Z

Hi,

How do I get the TinyPilot sd card image?

--When I try and download the image using the links provided, I get a message that my order is out of support, and I can no longer download software from you without renewing support.

How do I "Factory Reset" the device if I can't get the SD card image? If I am not eligible for the latest image, can you please provide the version that originally came with my product?

1. David @david2024-09-16 11:24:05.886Z

If I am not eligible for the latest image, can you please provide the version that originally came with my product?

I've reached out to our customer support team to help with this. They'll be able to find which TinyPilot Pro image you qualify for and share a link you can use to download it.

Once someone from the customer support team emails you, could you download the image and perform a factory reset to get back up and running?

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.