No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Don't have HDMI or VGA outputs having only USB-C input for the laptop(target device)

By @gbtonytinypilot
    2024-08-10 17:22:14.279Zassigned to
    • @david

Hi
    Recently got the Voyager 2a but my laptop has no HDMI or VGA inputs, has only USB-C type inputs(Dell XPS). Can I use this C-Hub adapter(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1G6DKNX?ref=cm_sw_r_cso_wa_apin_dp_3N7RM1SAMZ3J6KYNYRXX&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_wa_apin_dp_3N7RM1SAMZ3J6KYNYRXX&social_share=cm_sw_r_cso_wa_apin_dp_3N7RM1SAMZ3J6KYNYRXX&starsLeft=1&newPreview=1&skipTwisterOG=1) in between my laptop and voyager 2a to connect the HDMI input?Really appreciate the help.

• 3 replies
    1. H
      @HarshilMistry
        2024-08-12 02:09:53.727Z

Yes, That works i have tried this with ThinkPad x12 Detachable and MacBook m1 Pro using Anker USB C Hub, 341

1. G@gbtonytinypilot
            2024-08-12 14:02:54.984Z

Hi Thanks for the reply but it shows No Signal in my browser when it's connected to my target computer it detects the secondary screen but when I try to check the output in the browser(https://tinypilot.local/) it shows No Signal(there is display only a blank screen but when I hover the mouse it's taking the mouse input but not showing the display)

• In reply togbtonytinypilot:
            David @david2024-08-13 11:04:46.645Z

Hi @gbtonytinypilot, thanks for your question and I'm sorry that you're running into this No Signal issue.

TinyPilot does work with other types of display adapter (USB-C, DisplayPort etc.).

It's possible the output resolution from your target machine doesn't match one of TinyPilot's supported display settings, which would explain the No Signal issue. Are you able to adjust the output display settings on your laptop to match a supported display setting?

Could you share a TinyPilot log for me to review? On your TinyPilot web interface, go to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

Please let me know if you have any questions.