No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

no Audio on Voyager 2a

By @arkahmw
    2024-08-13 12:12:21.019Zassigned to
    • @cghague

Hi everyone, I need some help with figuring out and enabling audio. I have a voyager 2a and did everything from the troubleshooting to get audio on my device, but I still cannot get audio.

the host device has audio when I change the audio output to there. The device I'm using to log into tiny pilot also has audio, but I still cannot hear. would appreciate help on this.
    thanks

• 9 replies
    1. C

Hi @arkahmw, thanks for your message! I'm sorry you're having problems with audio support. We'll need to investigate this in more detail.

As a starting point, can you please work through our audio instructions and troubleshooting steps? I appreciate it's a hassle, but as audio support relies on the target computer, the TinyPilot device, and your client computer all working correctly, it's good to cover the most common issues.

1. A@arkahmw
          2024-08-14 03:41:45.522Z

thanks for responding, I have gone through these steps as well, still not working. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

1. Thanks for getting back to me; I'm sorry those instructions didn't resolve the issue! Can you please send me a link to your debug logs by going to System, then Logs, and then Get Shareable URL?

Can you please also send me screenshots of the entire browser window you're using to access TinyPilot and the audio settings for the target computer?

1. A@arkahmw
                2024-08-15 01:11:58.437Z

here are the logs:

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/tIU3P4mU

screenshot attached as well. the error at the bottom for MJPEG is new, it is saying i have an error in regards to STUN, which is not fixing:

1. Thanks for replying! Audio only works over H.264, so we'll need to investigate why you only see MJPEG before proceeding.

I've reviewed the logs and can see some suspicious entries that suggest something has been probing your TinyPilot device for vulnerabilities. This activity could be legitimate or nefarious, so I'd recommend contacting your network administrator for advice.

Regarding H.264, can you please confirm whether you're accessing your TinyPilot device locally or through the Internet? If you are accessing it over the Internet, can you please let me know what method you are using?

1. A@arkahmw
                      2024-08-23 19:16:07.644Z

Hi, sorry for late response, I am using Remote. IT to access it. My internet constantly blocks some "vulnerability attack" but I don't know/can't see what that would be.
                      I access it both locally, and remotely time to time using Remote.IT

1. Thanks for getting back to me. We've had some reports that H.264 doesn't work with remote.it, so the next step is to try connecting without using it. Can you please check if H.264, and by extension audio, works when you connect locally?

2. A
              In reply toarkahmw:
              @arkahmw
                2024-09-06 00:59:17.189Z

Hi, this has been resolved. I changed my PC and that seemed to solve everything.

Thank you

1. Thanks for letting me know. The most likely explanation is that the previous target computer wasn't outputting audio over HDMI, either due to a misconfiguration or a lack of hardware support. In any case, I'm pleased that it's working now!

2. Progress
                  with handling this problem
                3. A@arkahmw marked this topic as Done 2024-09-06 00:59:43.473Z.