No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Unusable Lag: Help me not get fired

By hugepilot @hugepilot
    2024-09-09 02:37:17.856Z

Hello! I'm using TinyPilot to undetectably connect to work laptop from another country. Using Tailscale connection on Windows 11 from about 2500 miles away. Both internet connections are above 500mbps. I've used this setup in the past with bearable lag, however recently the lag has become unusable. As I type this, Im looking at about a 50 second(!!!) delay on mouse movements and keyboard inputs. Have had to take a sick day due to not being able to join meetings....

So far, I have rebooted the system. Video settings are at lowest quality while still being mostly readable. I have stopped using the mouse jiggler - all with no success. I am hesitant to do too much because I do not have physical access to the device and its critical I do not lose connection that cannot be recovered.

Please help me with this lag so I can keep my job!

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/8tp2yhbX

• 3 replies
    1. In reply tohugepilot:
      @TinyPilot
        2024-09-10 11:06:34.554Z

Hi @hugepilot,

TinyPilot is designed to access and control a computer or device that you have authorization to access and control. The TinyPilot team will not assist when they have reason to believe you do not have authorization to access the target machine using TinyPilot or if they have reason to believe you're attempting to deceive a third-party through the use of TinyPilot.

1. Hhugepilot @hugepilot
            2024-09-11 18:57:52.177Z

I do in fact have authorization to access the target machine

• Progress
            with handling this problem
          • H
            hugepilot @hugepilot
              2024-09-09 19:12:51.483Z

Now completely unusable.

1. H@hugepilot closed this topic 2024-09-11 18:59:01.664Z.