No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Cannot Update from 2.4.1 to 2.5.0

By @lukejoseph
    2024-09-12 21:41:14.401Zassigned to
    • @david

Getting an error message when trying to update software

"The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 2."

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/5tgqZv0D

• 3 replies
    1. David @david2024-09-13 11:38:43.094Z

Hi @lukejoseph, I'm sorry you're running into this update issue.

Thanks for sharing those TinyPilot logs. I can see that the update fails because your device is missing some files and directories. Missing files and directories typically points towards filesystem corruption.

Could you try performing a factory reset on your microSD card to get back up and running?

I noticed your device is currently running on TinyPilot 2.4.1, which is now over 2-years old. It's possible your TinyPilot Pro license has expired. You can renew your license from our website and receive an additional year of updates. The license gives you access to TinyPilot's latest features and bugfixes and priority support.

As a small company, we rely on license renewals to fund improvements to TinyPilot’s software, so thank you in advance if you choose to renew!

If you'd rather not renew, I can share a link to the latest version of TinyPilot Pro you qualify for so you can perform a factory rest and get back up and running.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. L@lukejoseph
          2024-09-13 19:36:34.724Z

Thanks David! Since Im unsure of my current use case, can you please send me the version I am able to use to get back up and running? Once I confirm its usefulness, I'll certainly want to keep up to date with latest versions.

1. David @david2024-09-16 11:14:33.859Z

Since Im unsure of my current use case, can you please send me the version I am able to use to get back up and running?

No problem! I've just sent you an email with a link to a TinyPilot Pro image you can use. Could you check your inbox?

Please let me know if you have any questions.