No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

Right Alt not working in tinypilot's web interface

By Pawel Salkiewicz @psalkiewicz
    2021-09-17 17:06:45.081Z

I’m using your Tinypilot software and I came across one issue. I connect to the remote laptop using tinypilot's web interface. USB on the go forwards keystrokes to the laptop and almost everything works fine. I can use shift and control keys (except for the ctrl-t ctrl-w keystrokes that trigger the browser). I can also use left alt which opens the menu. The thing that doesn’t work is right alt (also called Alt Gr in different countries). I’m using a polish keyboard layout which uses the right alt to type polish characters. Is there any way to make the right alt work over this browser client?

• 1 replies
    1. Thanks for reporting this! Sorry for the delay.

USB on the go forwards keystrokes to the laptop and almost everything works fine. I can use shift and control keys (except for the ctrl-t ctrl-w keystrokes that trigger the browser).

If you're using Chrome, one workaround is to run it in App mode so that it doesn't capture browser hotkeys.

I can also use left alt which opens the menu. The thing that doesn’t work is right alt (also called Alt Gr in different countries). I’m using a polish keyboard layout which uses the right alt to type polish characters. Is there any way to make the right alt work over this browser client?

Hmm, it should just work. What happens when you push Alt Gr key combinations? Does it register or does nothing appear at all?

Can you share a screenshot of what you see if you push the Alt Gr key on keycode.info? And can you also share your logs from System > Logs after you try typing the Alt Gr keystroke?