No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

porting tinyPilot for another plateform

By @Avni22
    2022-02-11 07:22:34.646Z2022-02-17 12:30:59.765Z

Hi,

I would like to port tinyPilot for another platform expect raspberry pi , for that I have some query related to tinyPilot.

Can anyone help me to resolve the query if possible. It will be heplfull.

1. Is it possible to port tinypilot for another arch_linux _86x64 platform? I am planning to port for imx8 board with yocto.

2. What are the hardware dependencies are there if it is portable?

3. Is there any meta layer is available for yocto build system ? If yes please share here.

Mod edit: Linked Github discussion: https://github.com/tiny-pilot/tinypilot/discussions/913

Solved in post #2, click to view
    • 6 replies
    1. Is it possible to port tinypilot for another arch_linux _86x64 platform? I am planning to port for imx8 board with yocto.

It should be possible. You'll have to change the Ansible role to support your platform.

What are the hardware dependencies are there if it is portable?

The biggest hardware dependency is that the device has to support either USB host mode or USB OTG so that it can emulate a USB device using the Linux USB Gadget API.

Is there any meta layer is available for yocto build system ? If yes please share here.

No, this is not available, as we don't use Yocto to build TinyPilot.

ReplySolution
      1. A
        In reply toAvni22:
        @Avni22
          2022-02-18 09:10:46.823Z

Hi

Thank you for updating.

I have been through out the tinypilot architecture it is informative and I got some idea from that.
          but, i am not able to get clear idea of code work flow, as it is top level architechure.

if there is any work flow for tinypilot source is available , can you please share. it will be helpful for me to port.

if it has been ported earlier by someone can you please provide their links?

1. The best documentation is in these documents, which it sounds like you've already seen:

If you need to understand the system at a more granular level than those documents, then the only option is to study the source code.

2. A
            In reply toAvni22:
            @Avni22
              2022-02-24 07:20:16.370Z

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I will look into surce code to understand of tinyPilot work flow in deeper level.

I got few query, if you could help me to resolve it?

1. Work flow of virtual USB Mass stroage emulation to target pc.

is below work flow is right?
              create .img file at local pc --> scp to tinyPilot --> mount image to partition of tinyPilot --> gadget driver to mount virtual USB --> target pc

Taget pc can add new file or modify the existing file in Virtual USB MSD?

After unmounting MSD all the changes done by target pc are available in the .img, right?

1. as I know currently tinyPilot has no functionality for audio streaming.

is it possible to add audio streaming in tinyPilot?

In porting i would like to add audo streaming as well. it would be helpfull if i get any input on this.

Thanks

1. Work flow of virtual USB Mass stroage emulation to target pc.

The open-source version of TinyPilot unfortunately does not support USB mass storage.

as I know currently tinyPilot has no functionality for audio streaming. is it possible to add audio streaming in tinyPilot?

Yes, this is correct. Audio is not currently supported. You would need to add it in uStreamer and then use the experimental H264 branch, as MJPEG doesn't support audio.

2. A
                In reply toAvni22:
                @Avni22
                  2022-02-25 09:11:39.825Z2022-03-01 08:56:16.943Z

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. it would be helpfull.

Yes, i know that open source tinyPilot dose not have USB storage functionality. but i am asking for work flow consern if you can provide any help on that.

As it seams that ustreamer is specifically designed for raspberry pi board and i am porting kvm for imx8 board.

So , its good to use uStreamer with iMX8 instead of gstreamer.

is the tinyPilot use Janus-gateway plugin for streaming sever?

if you can provide any other alternative for ustreamer.

Thanks