No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

Screen not fully visable

By @robgpeak
    2022-02-15 13:44:15.212Z2022-02-15 14:12:00.266Z

@michael As mentioned in the previous thread, I switched over to firefox and now I can get in through the IP address, but the screen is all black except the bottom status bar...

Solved in post #4, click to view
    • 7 replies
    1. In reply torobgpeak:

That's really strange. I've never seen that before.

It looks like TinyPilot is accurately capturing the display, but the Windows system is actively hiding the screen.

Is it possible the Windows machine has some kind of DRM software that's preventing another system from capturing the display?

Can you right click the desktop on the Windows machine, click "Display Settings," then scroll to "Advanced display settings" and share what you see?

1. R
        In reply torobgpeak:
        @robgpeak
          2022-02-15 14:52:59.446Z

Actually, before we close this, I have two other questions. (maybe they should be in a different thread, but you tell me.

1. How do I get the connection to be secure.

2. How do I get tinypilot to be visible on a machine outside my LAN. Meaning I am going to send the tinypilot to another location and connect it to a machine that I can then manage remotely.

1. Progress
          2. R
            @robgpeak
              2022-02-15 14:09:48.711Z

I CAN click on the icons in the bottom status bar from the computer that I am using to control the target machine from, and the program on the target machine will change to that program that was clicked, but I still can't see it on my screen that I am using to control tinypilot from?

1. Michael Lynch @michael2022-02-15 14:34:07.219Zreplies torobgpeak:

Oh wait, this is might just be a simple extend vs. mirror.

Can you hit Win+P on the Windows machine and then choose "Duplicate" from the options that appear in the sidebar?

ReplySolution
                1. R
                  @robgpeak
                    2022-02-15 14:48:33.168Zreplies tomichael:

That did the trick. Thanks! We can close this issue now.

1. R
                      @robgpeak
                        2022-02-15 14:54:04.012Zreplies torobgpeak:

@michael Actually, before we close this, I have two other questions. (maybe they should be in a different thread, but you tell me.

1. How do I get the connection to be secure.

2. How do I get tinypilot to be visible on a machine outside my LAN. Meaning I am going to send the tinypilot to another location and connect it to a machine that I can then manage remotely.

1. Michael Lynch @michael2022-02-15 23:32:13.866Zreplies torobgpeak:

How do I get the connection to be secure.

You can fix the TLS warnings by installing TinyPilot's certificate. This page explains the process:

How do I get tinypilot to be visible on a machine outside my LAN. Meaning I am going to send the tinypilot to another location and connect it to a machine that I can then manage remotely.

TinyPilot doesn't support cloud access natively, but there are a few free, third-party solutions that are compatible with TinyPilot. I personally like Tailscale, but remote.it is a little easier to set up. This page lays out the options: