No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. General

Thinking of Buying 2

By @TMac
    2022-03-05 05:13:33.348Z

Hi. I am thinking of buying two. I am have a FT job that will be going back into the office in a month or so and I have a contract gig. I have corp laptops issued for both. I do not have admin access to either machine.

I was hoping to configure one for each device so that I could reach the gig laptop when in the office and both when traveling to put out fires when they inevitably crop up.

Lastly, I do travel internationally, would this setup support remote access from outside the US? What would I have to do in order to make this happen?

Thanks!

• 3 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-03-07 18:35:25.214Z2022-03-07 19:55:47.120Z

Hello @TMac , nice to meet you.

TinyPilot does not yet natively support remote access from outside your local network, but there are a variety of third-party tools that can enable this. Please check the following document in our FAQ: How can I access my TinyPilot device over the Internet?

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be happy to go over them.

1. R
          In reply toTMac:
          RemoteWorker898 @RemoteWorker898
            2022-03-17 02:04:13.153Z

Hi !! Well I just set up my TinyPilot to connect to my corporate laptop. I was able to connect through my phone hotspot and using Tailscale. Assuming the setup is stable, I can work from anywhere I want (Cancun here I come). But yeah I assume you will have no issues working from anywhere you want. The only downside I see so far is that I cannot use MS Teams for calls/meetings. We use webex for most meetings so thats a relief but once the company migrates completly to MS Teams then I will be screwed.

1. Diego @diego
                2022-03-17 04:42:29.363Z

@RemoteWorker898 - Thank you for sharing your experience!