No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Remote pointer only moves if I hold down spacebar

By @ultrahax
    2022-04-10 18:26:08.146Z

Connected tinypilot to a Reolink NVR - pointer only seems to move ( belatedly ) if I hold down spacebar.

Trouble shooting steps: Rebooted tinypilot, rebooted NVR, upgraded tinypilot to latest version

Logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/QRLOGumc

• 2 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-04-11 18:15:30.663Z

Hello @ultrahax - Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are going through this issue.

I reviewed your logs, but I do not find anything suspicious.

• How are you connecting the TinyPilot to the Reolink NVR, in terms of wires?

• Would you be able to try your TinyPilot with a different machine, perhaps a PC or laptop, and see if you get the same behaviour?

1. In reply toultrahax:
          Diego @diego
            2022-04-11 19:13:10.426Z

Hi @ultrahax

We looked a bit more into the logs you provided and found the following lines:

Apr 10 14:02:10 tinypilot python[580]: The client is using an unsupported version of the Socket.IO or Engine.IO protocols (further occurrences of this error will be logged with level INFO) 
            Apr 10 14:02:10 tinypilot python[580]: 2022-04-10 14:02:10.599 engineio.server ERROR The client is using an unsupported version of the Socket.IO or Engine.IO protocols (further occurrences of this error will be logged with level INFO)

That suggests that the JS websockets client and the server-side library are out of sync.

• Can you try Ctrl+F5 to force refresh all the JavaScript to sync?
            • You can also try opening TinyPilot in an incognito browser.