No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

hardware endpoint instead of web browser? Protocol for that...

By Kasper Skårhøj @kasperskaarhoj
    2022-05-06 11:47:04.910Z

I want to read out keyboard and mouse from a USB port on one raspberry pi and forward this to the TinyPilot switch in the other end. No need for video, audio etc, and also no need for the WEB ui of TinyPilot - just want another hardware end point. Is there a protocol or even a library (preferably in Golang) I can use to do this?

• 1 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-05-06 20:23:01.622Z

Hello @kasperskaarhoj, thank you for posting your question here.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to understand what is it that you are trying to do. Let me see if I get this straight. You have a Raspberry Pi and also have a TinyPilot device. Both are connected via ethernet cable to the same switch. And you are looking to control the TinyPilot from the other Raspberry Pi (using keyboard and mouse, without web GUI). Would that be correct?

If the above is correct, then you could try with TinyPilot REST API. There is a script at the end of the page, that exercises all the functionality of the TinyPilot REST API. It is written in Python (sorry, we don't have it in Golang for now). The TinyPilot REST API requires an TinyPilot Enterprise license for each API-accessible device. Contact enterprise@tinypilotkvm.com to purchase an Enterprise license.

Let me if you have further questions and/or comments, I'll be happy to answer them.