No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

No signal with VGA adaptor - keyboard and mouse works fine.

By Kim Winther Jønsson @kjoensson
    2022-06-09 14:01:37.879Z2022-06-09 14:10:01.965Z

Hi, I have just received the "tiny pilot" together with the VGA to HDMI adaptor.
    I keep getting "NO SIGNAL" on a black background when connecting.

Keyboard and mouse works fine. I experience the same with 3 different VGA outputs/sources.
    I have succeeded in getting a display when connecting with HDMI directly (no VGA adaptor) to a raspberry pi.
    I have tried with different USB power cables for the VGA adaptor and it's the same on all VGA sources.

Different HDMI cables has been tested.

Log files shared: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/0LE0sLt8

appreciate any support getting the VGA source to work. - Thanks

Best regards Kim

• 6 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-06-09 19:07:28.164Z2022-06-09 19:41:44.380Z

Hello Kim! I'm sorry you are having this issue. Thank you for posting your inquiry here.

I can see the following in the logs you uploaded:

Jun 09 13:58:36 tinypilot ustreamer[594]: -- INFO  [17.679    stream] -- Capturing ...
        Jun 09 13:58:37 tinypilot ustreamer[594]: -- ERROR [18.681    stream] -- Persistent device timeout (unplugged)

The most likely reasons for seeing that message are:

• The HDMI cable is incompatible with TinyPilot.
        • The HDMI cable is defective (this does not seem to be the case since it worked for you on that Raspberry Pi).
        • The VGA to HDMI adapter is defective.

My recommendation for you is to try with a different HDMI cable. Should you continue to have issues after trying a different HDMI cable, then please contact support@tinypilotkvm.com so we can work out a resolution for you.

1. In reply todiego:
          KKim Winther Jønsson @kjoensson
            2022-06-14 07:00:55.178Z

Hi Diego

Thanks a lot for you reply.
            I have now tried with different HDMI cables, all of them working without the HDMI->VGA adaptor.
            When using them together with the VGA adaptor is does not work.
            I suspect that you are right with the defective VGA adaptor.

Best regards Kim

1. Diego @diego
                2022-06-14 15:38:34.897Z

Hi Kim,

Thank you for trying with additional HDMI cables. I'm sorry to hear it still doesn't work. Please contact support@tinypilotkvm.com so we can work out a resolution for you.

1. NL @NomadPilot
                    2023-02-08 00:29:19.880Z

Hi - any resolution on this issue? I am getting the exact same problem

1. David @david2023-02-08 12:40:38.933Z

Hi @NomadPilot, sorry that you're also experiencing this issue.

Could you send a link to your TinyPilot's logs for me to review? On your TinyPilot's web interface, navigate to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL.