No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

No video with VGA to HDMI

By @zalmyr
    2022-06-13 23:00:37.230Z

When I connect a pc with the VGA to HDMI I get "NO SIGNAL".

It works for the same PC on the HDMI port.

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/GY6EACMX

The VGA to HDMI works with a different monitor.
    I tried 3 different brands of HDMI cables.

The VGA to HDMI adapter (came with the TinyPilot) works to a regular monitor but not to TinyPilot.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

• 3 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-06-14 15:33:19.597Z

Hi @zalmyr, I'm sorry you are having this issue. Thanks for opening a new thread.

In the logs you uploaded, I can see the following error:

Jun 13 18:55:12 tinypilot ustreamer[588]: -- ERROR [258.014    stream] -- Unable to start capturing: Invalid argument

That usually happens when the target system is outputting a higher framerate than the TinyPilot can handle.

• Is it possible to reduce the frame rate on the target system? (some motherboards have options for this in the BIOS)
        • If that doesn't work, can you try reducing the resolution on the target system?
        1. Z@zalmyr
            2022-06-14 15:48:43.143Z

This only happens with the VGA to HDMI which came with the TinyPilot, the default settings aren't supported?

I need this so I can send a field tech to connect it, having him change settings in bios kind of defeats the purpose.

1. Diego @diego
                2022-06-14 16:33:34.517Z

OK, please contact support@tinypilotkvm.com so we can work out a resolution for you. Please reference this forum post.