1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Fresh install, no joy: Nginx error 502

By @kuerious
    2022-06-26 04:17:30.929Z

Log file here:
    https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/kR7G9w8i

Error 502 on new install

tinypilot [error] 394#394: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream
    File "/opt/tinypilot/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dns/rdtypes/IN/WKS.py", line 25, in _proto_tcp = socket.getprotobyname('tcp')
    OSError: protocol not found

No idea where to start.

• 4 replies
    1. K
      @kuerious
        2022-06-26 04:26:37.865Z

EDIT:

root@KVMpi:/home# mv /home/tinypilot/.flask-secret-key /home/tinypilot/old-flask-secret-key && service tinypilot restart
        mv: cannot stat '/home/tinypilot/.flask-secret-key': No such file or directory

1. K
          In reply tokuerious:
          @kuerious
            2022-06-26 04:42:37.177Z

EDIT:
            Attempted reinstall...

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
            localhost                  : ok=71   changed=9    unreachable=0    failed=0    skipped=33   rescued=0    ignored=0

+ chmod +r /var/tmp/tmp.q7KPzONshF.yml
            + sudo cp /var/tmp/tmp.q7KPzONshF.yml /home/tinypilot/settings.yml
            + sudo chown tinypilot:tinypilot /home/tinypilot/settings.yml

Still error 502.

Help!?

1. Diego @diego
                2022-06-27 20:50:26.278Z

Hello @kuerious - I'm sorry you are having this issue.

Unfortunately, DietPi is not supported. We only offer technical support for TinyPilot on the Raspberry Pi 4B and Raspberry Pi OS 32-bit. However, please check the following thread about alternate hardware and OSes.

1. K@kuerious
                    2022-06-28 02:29:40.972Z

Actually, after looking through several other threads and the threads you linked to me to, I think it's because I went with the aarch 64-bit of dietpi. It's Debian at its root, just customized to be a minimal install. I'll let you know if I have any success, so that you can add it to the list.