No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

VGA not working on reboot

By @dkelley
    2022-06-28 19:48:47.073Z

When we use the tinypilot with the VGA adapter, we get "NO SIGNAL" when the computer power up or reboots. However, if we boot up with a normal monitor on the VGA port of the computer and then switch to tinypilot (with VGA adapter) we get a display. Once in this working state, it loses signal again if I reboot the computer.
    The HDMI connector does not have these issues.
    I appreciate any help you can give me on this issue.

• 3 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-06-28 22:37:14.933Z

Hello @dkelley - I'm sorry you are having this issue. Thank you for reporting it here.

I assume you are using the VGA to HDMI adapter, FOINNEX brand, that we sell in our store. Let me know if this is not the case.

• It's possible the USB ports are losing power when rebooting. And therefore the VGA to HDMI adapter loses power and it appears it can't reconnect properly. So what I would try in your situation is to plug the USB power connector of the adapter into a different power source (i.e. not the USB ports of the same computer where you plug the adapter). For example, you can plug it into a USB port of a different computer.
        • Another thing I would try is using a different HDMI cable/s. That usually resolves most issues with the VGA to HDMI adapter.
        • If after trying the two action iterms above, you still see issues, then it is possible the adapter might be defective. Please contact support@tinypilotkvm.com so we can work out a resolution for you.
        1. D@dkelley
            2022-07-12 18:08:33.465Z

Thank you for the thorough reply. I apologize for my delay in responding to you.
            You are correct that we are using the FOINNEX brand VGA to HDMI adapter. However, the adapter is not powered from the USB power on our computer. It is powered by the USB port of the TinyPilot. The TinyPilot is powered by an AC/DC adapter independent from our computer. Because of this, I don't think there is any interruption in the power to the FOINNEX adapter. Also, it behaves the same with a different HDMI cable. With this clarification in the way it is powered, is there anything else you think I should try? Thanks!

1. Diego @diego
                2022-07-13 01:32:18.147Z

Hi @dkelley - Thank you for the update.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else to try in this situation. It is possible the VGA to HDMI adapter might be defective. Please contact support@tinypilotkvm.com so we can work out a resolution for you.