No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Multiple User access to TinyPilot web interface continuously?

By @justcarver
    2022-07-12 15:42:15.920Z

I'm thinking of using this device for my work to access our DVR over the local network. If I connect to the DVR's web interface over the DVR's IP, the amount of video streams being sent results in laggy video feeds. With "local" viewing via a TinyPilot, there shouldn't be any video lag.

Can I have multiple people on my network open up the TinyPilot Voyager 2's web interface to view our cameras at the same time 24/7? My bosses will have it up on their TV's at all times. Will they be logged out due to inactivity? Or will the video stream freeze?

Thank you!

• 3 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-07-13 01:55:35.006Z

Hello @justcarver - Thank you for posting your questions in our Forum.

• I'm curious about what you mentioned regarding "laggy video feeds". Are you using the DVR's public IP address on the Internet and not the local IP address? Because if you are using the public/internet IP address, then that would explain why it would cause lag to send dozens of video streams out to the Internet and back.

• Yes, you can have multiple people on your network accessing the TinyPilot web interface. You can even set up User Authentication (usernames each with their own password). The sessions do not time out due to inactivity. I do not anticipate you will have video freezing issues.

• Last, but not least, and since you're planning to use this on a Security Cameras system, it is worth noting that TinyPilot does not transmit audio. Just thought I would clarify on this point.

1. J
          In reply tojustcarver:
          @justcarver
            2022-07-13 14:45:56.078Z

Even using the local IP of the NVR results in stuttery video feeds. But on the NVR's display itself, no lag. I think the NVR just isn't efficient at sending multiple video streams over a network. 2-3 work fine but more starts getting freezy. I won't be needing audio for my purposes, so I think this will work great.

Thanks for the help!

1. Diego @diego
                2022-07-13 22:43:02.666Z

Sure, no problem! Let us know if you have further questions and/or comments, I'll be happy to answer them!