No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

TinyPilot Mouse does not work

By @Kurt
    2022-08-17 12:32:17.856Z

Hi,
    I have a company computer which I connect to the tinypilot device. Once I enter the usb cable the mouse starts working and I see in the device manager that a mouse is connected. However, after a few seconds the connection is lost and I can no longer use the mouse over tinypilot. Here a quick video on that: https://www.loom.com/share/d1b09053d8f2497fbe1e5644ad93d3cd

can anyone help?

• 1 replies
    1. Diego @diego
        2022-08-17 22:08:36.358Z

Hello @Kurt - Thank you for posting your question in our Forum.

I'm sorry you're having this issue. As per the video you shared, it looks like the TinyPilot mouse is getting disconnected. If you see [0:32 - 0:36] in your video, when the issue happens and you are no longer able to control TinyPIlot mouse, the device dissapears in Device Manager (Multifunction USB device). My best guess is the USB-C to USB-A cable has gone flaky. I'd like to make sure that is the case.

• What happens if you connect the TinyPilot to a different target computer? Do you observe same behavior?

• Have you tried unplugging the USB cable, and then plugging it back again? Any difference?

• Would it be possible for you to upload logs for me to review? This is how you would upload them: TinyPilot web interface > System > Logs > Get Shareable URL (copy the URL it will give you and paste it in your response). It would be great if you could collect these logs exactly at the time the issue occurs (i.e. right after you lose control of the TinyPilot mouse and the "Multifunction USB device" dissapears from Device Manager).