No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Keyboard not working but mouse does

By @aaron
    2022-09-14 19:03:56.996Z

We have recently purchased the TinyPilot Voyager 2 and it seems to mostly work, except the attached computer is not receiving keyboard input, neither from the virtual keyboard or a physical (remote) keyboard. All USB cables are attached as directed, and the mouse does work. The computer is in an out-of-box-experience state after a Windows 10 install, so maybe it's a driver issue?

logs: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/QnciBJAR

• 2 replies
    1. David @david2022-09-15 16:26:59.735Z

Hi @aaron, I'm sorry you're having this keyboard issue.

Thanks for sharing your logs too. The log suggests that the TinyPilot keyboard isn't connecting over USB.

The computer is in an out-of-box-experience state after a Windows 10 install, so maybe it's a driver issue?

Is the target system a desktop or something else? TinyPilot doesn't need any drivers for the keyboard & mouse interface, so I think we can rule out drivers as a potential issue.

Do you have a different target machine that you could connect your TinyPilot to, or maybe a different USB port on the Windows 10 machine that you could try using? I'd like to try and isolate the issue and figure out where exactly it's failing.

1. A
        In reply toaaron:
        @aaron
          2022-09-15 16:31:16.000Z

Thanks for the reply. I saw the same in the logs, but since the mouse is working, I'm pretty sure the USB is connected.

Yes, the system is a desktop. I'm remote and the helpdesk staff is on-site (hence the need for this in the first place!), so I haven't been able to swap out ports and machines, but will work with them to do that.

Thanks!