No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

TinyPilot 2 w/ remote.it unusable, 60sec+ per mousemove / keystrokes

By Brian Gallagher @diamondsea
    2022-09-25 22:22:44.023Z

I've installed a new TinyPilot Voyager 2 over wifi (not ideal, I know, but it worked well enough testing locally and there was no hardwire near the computer needing the KVM). It worked locally, and initial testing (at home) worked slower but acceptably with Remote.IT VPN connections. Now that I'm travelling, it is slow to the point of being unusable with 60+ second response times to mousemoves and keystrokes. Have rebooted KVM and restarted and tried multiple browsers (Mac Chrome, Safari), tested Incognito and normal mode. Help!

Logs after last KVM reboot and browser refresh : https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/Ba0FJClq

• 2 replies
    1. D
      Brian Gallagher @diamondsea
        2022-09-25 22:23:55.846Z

If I need to buy direct support, please let me know how. I need this fixed ASAP. Thanks!

1. In reply todiamondsea:
          David @david2022-09-26 12:55:03.839Z2022-09-26 13:40:53.014Z

Hi @diamondsea, sorry that you're experiencing latency issues.

You can tune your TinyPilot's latency by adjusting a few different parameters. Can you follow our guide on reducing bandwidth (by lowering the JPEG quality and frame rate) and see if that improves your latency?

I noticed that you're using H264 video from your logs (thanks for linking to those by the way). So you might also be able to improve latency by tuning your bitrate.

Another option is to try a different cloud VPN provider like Tailscale if remote.it's latency is unacceptable. We have a guide for using Tailscale to access TinyPilot remotely too.