No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

"No Signal" when connected to Xbox Series X

By @adean
    2022-09-26 20:45:11.388Z

No video is appearing when I hook a voyager 2 up to an Xbox Series X.

I'm able to connect the voyager 2 to a PC without a problem and the Xbox works when connected to a TV.

Is this an HDCP issue?

Solved in post #6, click to view
    • 7 replies
    1. David @david2022-09-27 16:41:29.961Z

Hi @adean, sorry that you're having issues connecting to your Xbox.

Is this an HDCP issue?

I don't think so. I know that people use their TinyPilot with Xbox One, so it should be similar. But I haven't heard if anyone has used TinyPilot specifically with an Xbox Series X.

Are you using the same HDMI cable for connecting the TinyPilot to the PC and the Xbox? If not, can you test using the same cable to see if you get a video input?

And can you grab a log from your TinyPilot when it's connected to the Xbox (even with no signal) and share it here?

On the TinyPilot web interface, navigate to System > Logs and then click Get Shareable URL. This will generate a link to your log for you to paste in your reply.

1. A
        In reply toadean:
        @adean
          2022-09-27 22:06:26.877Z

Hi @david,
          I've tried with a couple different cables (including the one that came with the xbox) and they both worked when hooked up to a monitor but not when hooked to the tinypilot.

Log files are available at: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/n5F4kgLJ

Thanks!

1. David @david2022-09-28 14:35:42.202Z

I've tried with a couple different cables and they both worked when hooked up to a monitor but not when hooked to the tinypilot

We can probably rule out a cable issue in that case.

Thanks for the logs! From what I've found, we've seen a similar issue before where TinyPilot struggles to get a signal with one device after being switched around with other devices.

Can you completely power off the TinyPilot and the Xbox, connect your TinyPilot to the Xbox, and then power them both on? I'm hoping that doing that will force them to negotiate the display settings correctly.

1. A@adean
                2022-09-28 15:09:05.482Z

I did the following:

1. Powered everything off and unplugged both devices
                2. Started the tinypilot and waited for the web UI to start
                3. Started the Xbox

Still no luck, new log file is at: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/kMPlqkCv

Thanks for your help!

1. David @david2022-09-29 12:33:59.445Z

Thanks for doing that! The logs suggest that the display settings were sent correctly this time. But your TinyPilot still couldn't start capturing the image.

Can you try this on your Xbox connected to your primary display (not TinyPilot)?

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
                  2. Select Profile & system > Settings.
                  3. Under General, select TV & display options.
                  4. Set your Xbox's output resolution to 720p

Then shut down the Xbox and attempt to connect to TinyPilot like you did on the previous attempt and see if you get a signal.

ReplySolution
                  1. A@adean
                      2022-09-29 22:35:34.193Z

Success! I'd love to get 1080p working, but 720p should work for what I'm doing. Thank you!

1. David @david2022-09-30 11:11:07.061Z

Awesome! I'm glad it's now working.
                        If I find a way to get it working at 1080p on the Xbox I'll update you on how to do it.