No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Does not work consistently from Intel NUC, works from macbook M1

By @jchandra
    2022-10-04 13:25:32.383Z

Team, I have a tiny pilot that is a KVM for a locked down laptop. When i web into it, it works perfect from my macbook pro M1 Firefox, but does not work consistently from my windows 10 Intel NUC Firefox/Chrome/Edge. Nothing changed and this used to work for a while.

• Disabled all AV/AM on windows
    • Updated tinypilot as well browsers
    • captured traffic on local wire and no retransmissions or drops (both NUC and tinypilot are in same LAN)

The web page either disconnects or just freezes, mouse and keyboard do not work. Sometimes it works after refreshing the page but sometimes it only works if you close and re-open. Works for a few minutes and disconnects again. I feel it is something within the windows that is causing it but I cannot figure out what.

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/8tgQF879

Any help will be highly appreciated

• 5 replies
    1. J
      @jchandra
        2022-10-04 13:26:25.525Z
        1. J
          In reply tojchandra:
          @jchandra
            2022-10-04 13:27:49.654Z
            1. In reply tojchandra:
              David @david2022-10-04 14:51:49.598Z

Hi @jchandra, sorry that you're having issues with TinyPilot on your NUC.

It looks like you're using a build your own TinyPilot. And your logs suggest that you're running Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye, but TinyPilot is currently only compatible with Buster which is referred to as Raspberry Pi OS Lite (legacy).

Can you re-flash your device with Raspberry Pi OS Lite (legacy) and then re-install the TinyPilot software by following those two sections of the guide and see if that fixes the issue on the NUC?

1. J
                In reply tojchandra:
                @jchandra
                  2022-10-07 16:54:51.244Z

@david . That worked like a charm. I see some occasional screen flickering but it goes away once I close outlook. I had the wrong OS all along.
                  Thank you so much for your help as always!! I think I owe a purchase of a tinypilot for all the free help I have received on this forum :-)

1. David @david2022-10-07 17:38:43.530Z

You're welcome! Glad you're up and running.