1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Failed to Complete Update 2.4.1 to 2.5.0

By Atanas Atanasov @nasko
    2022-10-11 13:22:01.667Z

Hi,
    trying to update from 2.4.1 to 2.5.0
    I'm getting

The update failed: Command '['sudo', '/opt/tinypilot-privileged/update']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Here's my log: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/quQa13J2

Thanks.

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi Atanas - Thanks for reaching out to us, I'm sorry to hear the update is failing.

I can see the following error repeated a few times in the logs:

rm: cannot remove '/opt/tinypilot-updater/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ansible/plugins/httpapi/checkpoint.py': Structure needs cleaning

This usually suggests filesystem corruption. Unfortunately, to fix this, you’ll need to re-flash your microSD card. I apologize for the hassle, as I know this is an inconvenient solution. Once everything is up and running you might want to consider using a read-only filesystem as this can drastically reduce the likelihood of corruption occurring.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. N
        In reply tonasko:
        Atanas Atanasov @nasko
          2022-10-12 05:39:50.381Z

Hi Charles,
          thanks for the input.
          Looks like as you say .. After I posted the topic, I restarted the tinypilot and it never booted. Unfortunately I can't test it further soon, as it's in a remote location.

1. C
            In reply tonasko:

I’m sorry to hear you lost access to the device.

The fact that it failed a reboot does make it seem very likely that the device’s filesystem became corrupted. For a TinyPilot you can’t physically access all the time, I definitely recommend the read-only filesystem, as it drastically reduces the risk of these types of failures.

Sorry again for the hassle and please let me know if you have any questions after you’re able to reflash.