No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Tiny Pilot doesn't shows up in network

By Mustafa Arif @mustafa
    2022-11-29 13:53:17.881Z

Hey Team,
    Till yesterday it was working perfectly fine since today morning all of a sudden tiny pilot doesn't show up in the network. the URL is not reachable nor I can see it on the router map. I can see on the tiny red light on and the ethernet lights on, however, the ethernet lights are not blinking which means data is not going back and forth. I have restarted the router and tiny, but nothing help out. the router is set on dhcp. Please let me know how can this be resolved.

• 6 replies
    1. C

Hi Mustafa - thanks for reaching out to us, I'm sorry to hear your TinyPilot device isn't showing up on the network.

There are a few possible explanations for this, so it'd be good to establish the running and network state of your TinyPilot device. There are four LEDs on your TinyPilot device which we can use for this - the power LED (the red one), the activity LED (the green one next to the power LED), the Ethernet link LED (usually orange and directly on the Ethernet port) and the Ethernet activity LED (usually green and also on the Ethernet port). Can you please confirm what each of these LEDs does if you power off your TinyPilot device, wait a few seconds and then power it back on?

1. M
        In reply tomustafa:
        Mustafa Arif @mustafa
          2022-11-29 18:37:02.296Z

Hey Charles,

So as soon the device powers up, the power and the activity LEDs are turned on and ethernet LEDs are also turned. For a while, the activity LED continuously blinks and then completely goes off. Power and Ethernet LEDs are always on and is always steady.

1. C
            In reply tomustafa:

It sounds like your TinyPilot device is starting up correctly based on the light patterns but it is then failing to establish a network connection. The lights on the Ethernet port indicate some continuity has been detected but no activity - this can often be explained by a loose connection or a faulty network cable.

Can you please try disconnecting the network cable from both your TinyPilot device and your router and then reconnecting it (ideally to a different port on the router)? If that doesn't work could you please try using a different Ethernet cable?

1. M
              In reply tomustafa:
              Mustafa Arif @mustafa
                2022-11-29 22:01:48.797Z

Tried with a new ethernet cable as well, doesn't work, I also looked in wifi router device list, tinypilot is not been shown up

1. M
                  In reply tomustafa:
                  Mustafa Arif @mustafa
                    2022-11-29 22:10:19.720Z

also tried on a different wifi router, tinypilot is not showing up in the device list

1. C
                      In reply tomustafa:
                      Charles Hague @cghague2022-11-30 20:15:35.523Z2022-12-01 00:33:16.647Z

Thanks for getting back to me! The orange LED shows that a physical connection is being detected and, as you've tried another cable and router, it seems unlikely that this is a hardware issue. That would suggest that your TinyPilot device isn't able to bring the network interface up correctly.

It can be difficult to diagnose issues like this without access to the device logs but there are a few things we can check. Can you please confirm that you've not previously set a static IP address on your TinyPilot device and that no DHCP reservations or MAC address filtering is enabled on the router(s)?

I appreciate that working through these tests can be time consuming so if you'd prefer it may be quicker to factory reset your TinyPilot device.