No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

display problems

By Thomas Rechberger @xrated
    2023-01-20 16:15:50.448Z

we got various Lenovo Thinkpad Laptops (E and T series) and very often it will happen that the screen goes black. Not sure what is causing this, rebooting the Tinypilot or pressing anything on keyboard does fix it. Even reconnecting HDMI cable is not helping. But when the host computer is shutdown and powered up again, the screen is visible. I think older Firmware were not having this issue. 2.5.0 is installed, i just saw that 2.5.2 is available.

• 4 replies
    1. X
      Thomas Rechberger @xrated
        2023-01-20 16:17:42.949Z

so i was normaly connected, did factory reset on win10 and lost screen again

1. C
          In reply toxrated:

Hi Thomas, thanks for reaching out to us - I'm sorry to hear you're having display problems.

It sounds like this could be related to power management - the target computer might be going to sleep, or putting the display output to sleep, and pressing a button on the keyboard is causing it to wake up. Can you please check the Power and Sleep Settings on the Windows machine and ensure they're all set to "Never"?

If the Power and Sleep Settings are already correct, or if the issue happens again, could you please send me a link to your logs, which you can obtain by going to Settings, then Logs, then Get Sharable URL? It would be very helpful if you could do this shortly after the screen goes blank.

1. X
            In reply toxrated:
            Thomas Rechberger @xrated
              2023-01-20 19:12:50.757Z

If i do a restart in Windows, it will display "No Signal" until Windows is loaded up again. Shouldnt it also display bios screen?

1. C
                In reply toxrated:

TinyPilot will display anything it receives over HDMI. However, some laptops only display the BIOS and other startup screens on their internal monitor. There may be a setting to change this in the BIOS itself or alternatively you may be able to force the laptop to use an external display (i.e. your TinyPilot device) by starting the laptop with the screen closed.