No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

How do I unset my static IP? I get the following in the command line:

By @myalexbennett
    2023-01-27 16:34:54.035Z
    • 7 replies
    1. C

Hi @myalexbennett - thanks for reaching out to us with your question about unsetting a static IP address.

The unset-static-ip script requires at least TinyPilot Community 1.8.1 or TinyPilot Pro 2.5.2. Can you please check which version you are running by going to System then About?

1. M
        In reply tomyalexbennett:
        @myalexbennett
          2023-01-27 20:25:26.062Z2023-01-27 21:43:26.140Z

I have TinyPilot Pro 2.5.0. This version can run the script, correct?

1. C

Thank you for confirming. The process used to set and unset static IP addresses changed from relying on a downloadable script to using one installed as part of TinyPilot Pro itself between versions 2.5.0 and 2.5.2. This means that you’ll need to upgrade to 2.5.2 to use the unset-static-ip script. You can do this by going to System then Update in the web interface.

1. M
              @myalexbennett
                2023-01-28 00:58:23.046Z

How long does this update take? It's been updating for about 2 hours now. I have an 800MB connection. Should it take this long? Been on the below stage for quite sometime now.

TASK [ansible-role-tinypilot-pro : install TinyPilot as a service] *************
                ok: [localhost]
                TASK [ansible-role-tinypilot-pro : enable systemd TinyPilot service file] ******
                ok: [localhost]
                RUNNING HANDLER [ansible-role-tinypilot-pro : restart TinyPilot service] *******

1. M
                  @myalexbennett
                    2023-01-28 01:24:19.595Z

I rebooted the device and it came back. Now I'm upgraded to TinyPilot Pro 2.5.2 and I'm getting exactly the same problem.

1. M
                      @myalexbennett
                        2023-01-28 01:26:53.822Z

It has a static IP address and it's moving to a different network, so the IP address will no longer be available, and I'm pretty sure I wont be able to get back into it once I move it off the network. Is there anything I can do to get the static IP off the TinyPilot?

1. C

It may be possible to manually remove the static IP address but the issues you're seeing could suggest a larger problem. Would you be able to share your debug logs with me? You can do this by going to System, then Logs and then clicking on Get Sharable URL.

Could you please also share the output of ls -al /opt/tinypilot-privileged/scripts with me? The command should display a list of installed TinyPilot scripts and may help us to identify the issue.