No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

502 Bad Gateway

By @jkoele
    2023-01-27 17:41:55.204Z

We purchased a Voyager and it's at a remote site. After a failed update we were met with this when attempting to log into it: "502 Bad Gateway". I've had someone manually power cycle the device and still seeing the same error. I can see it on the network and can ping, but SSH isn't enabled and I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks that would get this working again remotely.

• 6 replies
    1. C

Hi @jkoele, thanks for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear your TinyPilot device isn’t responding to requests.

Unfortunately, there is no way to interact with your TinyPilot device other than the web interface and SSH. It’s difficult to say what the issue is without access but it’s possible there is filesystem corruption on the microSD card.

I appreciate it’s a hassle but you may need to restore your TinyPilot device to factory settings to regain access. I’d strongly recommend enabling the read-only file system if your TinyPilot device is in a remote location as this can reduce the risk of file system corruption.

1. J
        In reply tojkoele:
        @jkoele
          2023-01-31 16:46:08.283Z

Appreciate the advice. I'm thinking about flashing a MicroSD with the image you provide and shipping it to the remote site to see if I can get someone swap it out. If that's a decent plan, do you have any recommendations on the MicroSD?

Edit - it's a 5 hour drive one way, so going to need to figure something similar out.

1. C
            In reply tojkoele:

Thanks for the update, I’m pleased to hear that your TinyPilot device is up and running. I appreciate obtaining, imaging and shipping microSD cards can be a hassle so you might be interested to know that you can also boot a TinyPilot device from a USB drive.

1. J@jkoele
                2023-02-02 17:01:47.203Z

Thank you for the additional advice! I was aware of that possibility but have not done that before. We'll keep that knowledge in our back pocket if we run into a situation where we have potential MicroSD corruption and enabled SSH (it looks like that's required to change the boot order). We've got about 10 of these deployed so far and, for the most part, they are working great. We just need to be more judicious with our upgrade plan/schedule. The MicroSD's on order arrive next week, so I'll hopefully have an update for you by the end of next week.

• J
                In reply tojkoele:
                @jkoele
                  2023-02-09 16:49:33.771Z

Thanks for the advice/suggestions. we are up and running again with our own MicroSD(s) where we ran into issues.

1. Progress
                    with handling this problem
                  2. J
                    @jkoele
                      2023-02-01 17:17:54.592Z

We did some testing and had no issues flashing a different TinyPilot Voyager MicroSD with the image you guys provide. We'll do some more testing once we get our own Flash drives in stock and let you know if that resolves things for us.

1. J@jkoele marked this topic as Done 2023-02-09 16:48:29.090Z.