No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Certificate Not recognized

By Adam @aanunez
    2023-02-11 01:56:18.347Z

Hello!

Just got my TinyPilot and everything works great, except I can't get the cert to work as expected. I follow all directions for installing the cert on Windows (including placing it in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities), but I still see the same SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER error. I'm on Windows 11 if that matters. Let me know if you need any other info, and sorry if this ends up being an obvious issue on my side.

Thanks!

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi Adam, thanks for reaching out with your question about certificates.

The error you are seeing, SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER, isn't the one that normally appears if the certificate is missing, which suggests that the certificate has been installed but isn't being accepted correctly. I've previously seen this issue when using third-party browsers like Firefox that have additional security restrictions. Would you be able to try testing in a different browser if you have one installed?

1. AAdam @aanunez
          2023-02-12 19:25:45.975Z

Lol, why didn't I think of this. No issues in Edge (the chrome version). Looks like FF wants me to add the cert too.

Steps if you'd like to add them to your existing docs:
          Settings >> Privacy & Security >> Scroll down to "Certificates" at the bottom of the page >> View Certificates >> Import the same cert

Now everything works as expected. Thanks @cghague !

1. Thank you for confirming, I'm pleased to hear that the issue is resolved!

Steps if you'd like to add them to your existing docs:
            Settings >> Privacy & Security >> Scroll down to "Certificates" at the bottom of the page >> View Certificates >> Import the same cert

Thanks for sharing these with us! I'll look into updating our documentation as needed.