No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Change mouse positioning from relative to absolute?

By @tinykvm123
    2023-02-12 08:53:04.269Z2023-02-12 09:24:14.797Z

Hi. I am now testing 2 TinyPilots connected to 2 machines. On one machine, the mouse positioning is absolute. On the second, the mouse positioning is relative -- I've been using both for a few days and so I know it's not lag and probably not user error. I have not made any mods around mouse settings. Here's a screenshot of the gap between the target machine's mouse cursor and my current machine's mouse cursor: https://ibb.co/XZmkZKd).

How do I make the mouse positioning absolute?

• 6 replies
    1. David @david2023-02-13 12:17:47.420Z

Hi @tinykvm123, thanks for your question!

Right now, TinyPilot only uses absolute positioning - we don't yet support relative positioning. In fact, we have an open GitHub issue to add support for relative positioning.

From your screenshot, I can see that there are borders on each side of the display - so I suspect that there's a different issue here.

Can you share a log from your TinyPilot when it's connected to this machine? On your TinyPilot's web interface, navigate to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL - then paste the link in your reply.

And can you share the resolution that this machine is outputting to your TinyPilot? You can check this in Windows display settings by going to Start > Settings > System > Display.

1. T@tinykvm123
          2023-02-13 13:18:33.423Z

Hi David,

Thanks. Yes, I noticed those borders as well and checked the display settings on my target machine. It is set to 1920x1080 resolution, which seems standard.

TinyPilot log from the machine that I'm physically using, when connected to the targeted machine: https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/8tCSAB8b

Thanks

1. David @david2023-02-13 15:07:29.652Z

Thanks for sharing the logs and that info! It looks like your target machine's resolution is mismatched with its actual output (your TinyPilot says its 720p) - that might be cause of the issue.

Is your target machine a virtual machine?

Can you try changing your TinyPilot's EDID? The EDID in that FAQ should set your TinyPilot's default resolution to 1080p which should match up to your target machine's output.

1. T@tinykvm123
                2023-02-13 15:16:44.464Z

Sure, let me take a look at that later today. Thank you

2. T
            In reply totinykvm123:
            @t69broken
              2023-02-14 21:02:53.841Z

Bump, been having the same issue since I started using. I love the product, but the mouse being all over the place on the X access of things makes it near unusable remotely. Especially on a phone.

1. David @david2023-02-15 11:35:21.314Z

Hi @t69broken, sorry that you're also running into this issue.

Could you send a screenshot and a copy of your TinyPilot's logs for me to review? On your TinyPilot's web interface, navigate to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL.