No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Keyboard and mouse not working with FileVault Mac

By @oblivion
    2023-02-22 15:33:01.208Z

Just purchased the Voyager 2A for my work Mac but on login screen from shutdown or restart the keyboard and mouse are not working. I see previous threads on this but no updates. Is there a workaround for this?

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi @oblivion, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear your Mac isn’t accepting input at the login screen.

Unfortunately, there are known issues when using TinyPilot with Mac computers that haven’t finished booting up. We’ve made improvements to our code to improve compatibility but it sounds like this could be a different issue. Might I ask if this is an Apple Silicon based Mac? If so, it’s possible that USB access is being blocked and you might be able to override this by modifying your security settings to always allow USB devices.

1. O@oblivion
          2023-02-22 15:59:42.023Z

Hello this is still the AMD Mac, i've attached a screen cap of the model and specs. I've also noticed the audio is screeching, i understand audio support is fairly new but can you point me to a page to troubleshoot that?

1. Thanks for getting back to me! I’d recommend checking out our instructions for enabling and troubleshooting audio as a starting point. The article covers all of the key steps and the most common problems, but if it doesn’t help you to solve the issue please let me know and I’ll be happy to investigate further.

I’ve been digging into the FileVault issue and unfortunately it seems that the security restrictions implemented by macOS might simply be incompatible with TinyPilot. I did find a suggestion that disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable while the FileVault screen is displayed might cause macOS to “trust” your TinyPilot device and thus allow input for an indeterminate period of time. Would you be able to try this and let me know if it works?