No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

tinypilot fails to update

By Murmad Man @manimgoindowndown
    2023-02-25 07:50:41.722Z
    • 11 replies
    1. C

Hi Murmad, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you aren’t able to update.

The error message you are seeing means that your TinyPilot device wasn’t able to lookup the address of our update servers. This can happen due to an incorrectly configured network, a temporary issue with your router, or a problem with your upstream domain name system provider (usually your Internet service provider). This sort of issue can resolve itself in many cases. If the issue is still happening, can you please restart your router and TinyPilot device and then try to update again?

1. MMurmad Man @manimgoindowndown
          2023-02-25 21:16:15.403Z

not true. i am connected to my tinypilot from both lan and external...it has an internet connection and i even see its dhcp lease active and renewed on my router

• C

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! The presence of the DHCP lease indicates that your TinyPilot device has been issued with a network configuration, but, unfortunately, it doesn’t guarantee that the details provided are correct or that any name servers provided are available and working correctly. In addition to this an issue with looking up an address from your TinyPilot device wouldn’t necessarily prevent you from establishing an inbound connection or looking up other addresses. If the issue is still happening, can you please restart your router and TinyPilot device and then try to update again?

2023-03-08 14:46:35.352Z

dunno what happened but it fixed itself, bizarrely my usb mouse which i tesd on the other computer, and all other usb devices are powering up using the itnypilot but are not moving for some reason. can't register moement...usb cable worked before...so i know that is good

1. I’m pleased to hear that this starting working again.

It sounds like you have a USB mouse connected to your TinyPilot device? Unfortunately, using the USB-A ports for a mouse (or keyboard) isn’t supported. You’d need to connect the mouse directly to the target machine to use it.

2023-03-09 16:49:36.210Z

not true man...got it to work before

1. Thanks for getting back to me. TinyPilot doesn’t support passing a mouse connected to its USB-A ports through to the target computer via the USB-C port. It’s possible that I’ve misunderstood how you have your devices set up. Could you please describe exactly where everything was connected and how it operated during use?

2023-03-10 22:00:07.935Z

had the mouse connected to the usb2.0 on the tinypilot and it worked fine?

1. Thank you for responding. I've checked with the team and they've confirmed that this isn't a feature TinyPilot has ever offered. Is it possible you might be thinking of a different KVM, maybe one that has been used in conjunction with a TinyPilot device?

2023-03-13 14:16:31.225Z

lol...no dude. im an engineer. it works previously while plugged into the tinypilot...add some support to it, officially please. i n fact other posts here said they too experienced it working, and it should plug and play and be recognized automatically

1. Michael Lynch @michael2023-03-13 18:19:42.225Z2023-03-13 18:25:55.720Z

@manimgoindowndown - Is my understanding of your desired setup correct?

physical USB mouse --USB-->  TinyPilot device --USB--> target computer

If this is the desired setup, what's the purpose of putting TinyPilot between the mouse and the target computer as opposed to connecting the physical USB mouse directly to the target computer?

If we're misunderstanding the desired setup, can you share a diagram of the setup you're trying to achieve?