No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

More of a question: Upgrade from 2 to 2a

By Mark Krieger @mark
    2023-02-28 12:58:06.180Z

Hi,

Love my TP, but really need audio support.

Is there an upgrade path from 2 to 2a? Maybe a trade-in or discount? Is there some hardware I can purchase to enable audio over HDMI?

Just got my TP a few months ago and hate to have to buy a whole new unit if I can possibly avoid it.

-Mark

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi Mark, thanks for your great question about audio support. Unfortunately, the TinyPilot Voyager 2 doesn’t have the necessary hardware to support audio capture. We'd be happy to arrange for you to trade-in your existing TinyPilot Voyager 2, assuming you purchased it within the United States, for credit towards a new TinyPilot Voyager 2a, which does have the required hardware. Let me know if you're interested in this, and I'll arrange for our customer service team to reach out to you with more details!

1. M
        In reply tomark:
        Mark Krieger @mark
          2023-02-28 14:42:02.012Z

That would be great, Charles. Please have customer service reach out to me.

-Mark

1. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I’m pleased to confirm that I’ve passed this to our customer service team who will reach out to you by e-mail soon.