No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

WebSocket Connection Error (TinyPilot 2a)

By Keith Homco @stsrecycling
    2023-02-28 15:40:58.711Z

Version: 2.5.3
    Video: H.264

My very first attempt at connecting to a device and I can do nothing other than view the initial boot screen. The target device is a factory reset 2011 Mac Mini. The mouse and keyboard do not work. Looking into the Developer Console, I see the following error message:

WebSocket connection to 'ws://tinypilot.local/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&sid=fHFW1ifQEDEFTDOhAAAJ' failed: Received a broken close frame containing invalid UTF-8.
    value	@	socket.io.min.js:6

Also, in attempts to change around settings to see if that helps, I get failures due to the device becoming disconnected before my settings could take effect. Here is example of attempting to change video settings..

PUT http://tinypilot.local/api/settings/video net::ERR_TIMED_OUT
    saveVideoSettings	@	controllers.js:574
    _saveSettings	@	(index):2341
    (anonymous)	@	(index):2129

app.js:37 Failed to Change Video Settings:
    TypeError: Failed to fetch
    showError @ app.js:37
    (anonymous) @ app.js:414
    (anonymous) @ (index):2368
    Promise.catch (async)
    _saveSettings @ (index):2367
    (anonymous) @ (index):2129

• 1 replies
    1. David @david2023-02-28 17:07:20.506Z

Hi @stsrecycling, sorry that you're running into these issues.

For the mouse and keyboard issue, can you share your TinyPilot's logs for me to review after trying to type a few characters? On your TinyPilot's web interface, navigate to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.

I get failures due to the device becoming disconnected before my settings could take effect.

This is odd behavior - your device should remain connected unless there are network or power issues. Can you tell me how you're powering your TinyPilot and how it connects to your network?