No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

My device boots all the lights are solid (but can't access it through web)

By @Ebasher
    2023-03-13 03:35:18.171Z2023-03-13 03:42:15.399Z

Good evening,

I just nought my TinyPilot Voyager 2a. I have followed the instructions and connected it to my home routers ethernet port. The device turns on all the lights are solid Green, Red. But I can't access it through web browser. All the mentioned URL addresses on the guide don't work. I used Edge, Firefox and Chrome the result is the same for all. Any help on resolving this issue is appreciated.

• 5 replies
    1. David @david2023-03-13 12:26:32.110Z

Hi @ebasher, sorry that you're having issues connecting to your TinyPilot.

Just to confirm the situation with the LEDs: The red "Power" LED should be solid. And the green LED next to it should flash during boot. After booting, that green LED should occasionally flash to show activity. For the Ethernet LEDs, the green LED should flash while the amber LED remains solid.

From my description, does your TinyPilot's LED behavior look correct?

If the green activity LED next to the red "Power" LED remains solid, it suggests that your TinyPilot hasn't booted correctly.

If that's the case, can you check that the microSD card is inserted completely into it's slot? If that doesn't fix the problem you may need to re-flash your SD card. It's possible that your TinyPilot's first boot failed to complete its setup causing this un-bootable state.

1. E@Ebasher
          2023-03-15 00:33:31.552Z

No, all the lights are solid green, red. There is no network activity either, the LAN port lights are solid green, ember. The SD card slot is wiggling. It looks like as inappropriate soldering. I don't know is there any other ways to boot it. This is my first purchase and honestly very disappointed by support and service. It could be much faster and better for $400 device.

1. David @david2023-03-15 12:27:14.656Z

In that case, it definitely sounds like you device isn't booting at all. And your microSD card slot definitely shouldn't be wiggling.

Would you be able to share a photo of the microSD card slot so that I can see if there's any obvious issues with the slot itself?

Booting from USB is the best option here. Booting from USB should allow you to use your TinyPilot while we figure out what's going wrong with the microSD card / microSD slot.

You won't need to run any of the commands on the command-line from the "boot from USB" guide. If you remove the SD card from its slot, your TinyPilot will fall back to USB booting. So all you need to do is flash a USB drive with the TinyPilot image from our downloads page, insert the USB drive, and let TinyPilot run through the boot process (about 5 minutes).

I'm sorry that our support hasn't met your expectations. We publish our typical response time on our contact page. On the forum we aim to respond within 1 business day. I took a look at our past responses to your posts and it looks like we've responded within our expected turnaround time. Please let me know if there's anything we've missed.

1. E@Ebasher
                2023-03-28 00:40:36.472Z

I was able to boot from USB. But the SD slot is broken. How can I return the device for a replacement. Additionally, the device has another issue where the video streaming stops. It will just go to black screen. Please refer to the attached screenshot below.

1. David @david2023-03-28 11:17:54.969Z

Booting from USB is good news! I can arrange a replacement to solve your SD card slot issue in line with our exchange policy.

Thanks for sharing a screenshot of the blank screen. Is your target machine in a power saving / sleep mode? If your target machine does have an automatic power saving / sleep mode, you may need to turn that feature off.

Could you also share logs from your TinyPilot? On your TinyPilot's web interface, navigate to System > Logs and click Get Shareable URL. Then paste the link in your reply.