No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Cannot switch to h264 video, log attached

By @BigPotato
    2023-04-06 16:27:12.702Z

Update: tried with chrome and it is working fine. Maybe it is just not supporting safari browser?

I tried to switch to h264 video setting. However it is not successful.

• 3 replies
    1. C

Hi @BigPotato, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with H.264.

I don't seem to be able to see your logs, could you please try attaching them again? In the meantime, I've tested H.264 on the latest version of Safari on the latest version of macOS and it appears to work. Could you check that both Safari and macOS are up-to-date?

1. B@BigPotato
          2023-04-06 18:21:36.509Z

https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/tRiq0XQ5

I am on macos 13.3 (22E252) and Version 16.4 (18615.1.26.11.22)

I will try to see updating those to see if it can fix the issue.

1. Thanks for getting back to me. I've reviewed your logs and nothing seems unusual, so it's likely that this is something to do with the client. Since H.264 works in Chrome on the same machine it is possible that Safari might be configured differently.

The most common issues would be a different network configuration or different extensions. Could you please check that Safari and Chrome are both configured to use the same network configuration (e.g. proxy, DNS and so on)? Does Safari have any extensions installed (e.g. advert blockers)?