No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

8 servers/ 1 TinyPilot

By Joemark Basa @markflix
    2023-04-19 03:48:31.231Z

Can a Tiny Pilot support up to 8 devices? Also, what are the devices needed to ensure that I can do a reset of my device or access the BIOS of my device with TinyPilot?

• 4 replies
    1. David @david2023-04-19 11:46:16.165Z

Hi @markflix, thanks for your question!

TinyPilot is designed to control one device. However, many users connect their TinyPilot to a KVM switch to control a larger number of devices (like servers for example).

We have a community-sourced KVM compatibility wiki that lists functionality with different KVMs. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee whether a KVM switch will work with TinyPilot. Some KVMs in that wiki require a specific setup too.

Also, what are the devices needed to ensure that I can do a reset of my device or access the BIOS of my device with TinyPilot?

TinyPilot will allow you to access the BIOS of your server. However, if you need to reset your hardware using a physical switch, that's not possible with TinyPilot and an additional KVM switch as far as I know.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

1. MJoemark Basa @markflix
          2023-04-19 12:45:06.855Z

Hi David, I find your answer to my question very helpful since I'm still getting used to it. Thank you very much.

• M
          In reply tomarkflix:
          Joemark Basa @markflix
            2023-04-19 12:48:14.052Z

With regards to the additional KVM switch to reset the hardware, can you recommend me some switch that I can use for it? It will be greatly appreciated.

1. David @david2023-04-19 14:16:34.883Z

If your device requires a hard reset with a physical button, I'm not aware of any hardware that you can use with TinyPilot to achieve this.

If you can reset your device using the keyboard or mouse (i.e. System > Restart in your target machine's operating system or similar), TinyPilot can do this.