No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Continuous Keypresses (Holding a key down) doesn't register

By @iN0ttus
    2023-04-19 04:33:37.828Z

I have a tiny pilot hooked up to a machine that I am doing videogame development on. Everything is great except for when I drop into the actual game either through the UE editor or through a build I cant move my character around using WASD. The character stutter steps so the key is being initially registered but it is not being registered as being held down. Is there anyway to fix this?

• 2 replies
    1. C

Hi @iN0ttus, thank you for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with continuous keypresses.

I’ve taken a look at our source code and it seems that this is by design rather than a bug. It appears that keys are automatically released to avoid network issues causing “stuck” keys. This usually works great but I can see that this situation would be an exception. I’ve updated the issue with a link to this thread and I’ll raise this with the team as a potential future improvement.

1. I@iN0ttus
          2023-04-20 03:38:36.599Z

Thank you so much for looking into it. Understandable. Hopefully it gets added in the future as an improvement. Still love the product. Thank you!!