No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Tinypilot is very noisy recently

By @Klikong
    2023-05-02 02:31:08.084Zassigned to
    • @cghague

I have been using the Tinypilot Voyager 2 for over a year now and am really liking the product, especially since the video format update. Unfortunately I have been experiencing severe noise levels for the last couple of weeks now that keep getting worse and worse and I don't really know what to do. It's gotten to the point where working next to it is giving me a headache. How can I fix this?

Solved in post #7, click to view
    • 6 replies
    1. C

Hi @Klikong, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear your TinyPilot device is making noise.

The most likely source of the noise is the fan, as that's the only moving part. Assuming the fan is the cause, there could be a few explanations. It's possible that the fan may be wearing out, in which case a repair would be needed. It's also possible that debris could be stuck in the fan itself.

Can you try inspecting the fan through the vent and check if anything is caught in the blades?

1. K@Klikong
          2023-05-04 05:34:36.297Z

Hey Charles, thanks for the quick reply.
          Yes, it's definitely the fan making the noise. After your message I removed all dust from the inside and tried tightening the screws. Unfortunately it is still making the same amount of noise. So most likely the fan is wearing out like you said. Do you guys offer a repair service yourselves?

1. Thanks for getting back to me. I’m sorry to hear that cleaning out the fan didn’t work. There are a few options available depending on the exact model you have. Can you please let me know exactly when you purchased your TinyPilot Voyager 2 and whether it is the PoE model?

1. K@Klikong
                2023-05-05 10:51:49.164Z

Yeah, I purchased the Tinypilot Voyager 2 [HS: 847330] together with the VGA to HDMI Adapter [HS:847330] on March 16, 2022 and had it delivered via DHL Express to Australia. I don't know what you mean by PoE model exactly. I'm not exactly tech-savvy ^^

1. Thanks for confirming those details! I’ve asked our customer support team to reach out to you to work on a solution. You should hear back from them soon.

1. K@Klikong
                      2023-05-16 17:46:51.499Z

For anyone else having the same problem. I talked to customer support and based on my model I was told to remove the fan from the Tinypilot, which obviously resulted in the noise problem being solved.

ReplySolution