No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

Failed Upgrade

By @aldohr
    2023-05-03 13:23:04.473Zassigned to
    • @cghague

I rand the upgrade on my Voyager and it froze half way through. It was then giving an error of "Error: Missing expected kind field" when I tried to run the updates again. It has been rebooted and I'm getting 502 bad gateway. I then was going to download the image to factory reset but it's saying my license expired and I have to shell out another $80!!

• 5 replies
    1. C

Hi @aldohr, thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having upgrade issues.

It sounds like your TinyPilot device has failed to update correctly and is now failing to start up fully. It might be possible to recover it if you’ve previously enabled SSH, but a factory reset is likely to be needed to ensure everything is in a consistent and stable state.

You can purchase a new 1-year license from our website. The license gives you access to TinyPilot's latest features and bugfixes and priority support for 1 year.

As a small company, we rely on license renewals to help fund our software development, so thank you in advance if you choose to renew!

If you'd rather not renew, I can email you a link to the latest version of TinyPilot Pro that you qualify for. That way, we'll be able to get you back up and running with a re-flash.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

1. A@aldohr
          2023-05-03 17:32:53.916Z

Charles,

Could you please send me a link to download the image? I need to get this functioning again.

I appreciate you are a small company, but I am an individual and an additional $80 to use what I've already purchased is just too steep. I wish I could contribute but I just can't

Also, I tried flashing the Voyager with 32-bit Raspberry Pi Light and ran the community install for tinypilot. Everything worked except the video. The video devices started with /dev/video10 and it seemed like ustream was looking for /dev/video0. Is there any guide or assistance for this anywhere?

Thanks.

1. CCharles Hague @cghague2023-05-04 10:25:23.049Z2023-05-04 11:31:01.293Z

Thanks for getting back to me! I’ve asked our customer support team to send the appropriate download link out to you by email and you should receive it shortly. Once you have the link you can follow our factory reset process to get back up and running.

Also, I tried flashing the Voyager with 32-bit Raspberry Pi Light and ran the community install for tinypilot. Everything worked except the video. The video devices started with /dev/video10 and it seemed like ustream was looking for /dev/video0. Is there any guide or assistance for this anywhere?

The community version of TinyPilot should work on the Voyager devices, but it assumes that you’ll be using a HDMI to USB adapter. You can configure the community version to use the built-in chip by following these instructions. There’s no need to reinstall, you can run the commands on your existing community installation.

1. I’ve updated the second part my previous message as it contained a mistake - it is indeed possible to run the community version of TinyPilot on a TinyPilot Voyager device, but some configuration is required to enable the built-in HDMI capture chip.

• A
          In reply toaldohr:
          @aldohr
            2023-05-04 13:22:57.833Z

Charles, thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction with community addition. I know there's no official support so I appreciate the feedback.

I will look for the email on the licensed version.