No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

No Display

By @obz
    2023-05-08 20:02:16.684Z2023-05-08 20:12:27.280Zassigned to
    • @david

Tinypilot KVM display works intermittently, out of the blue it would display "No Signal", and then start working sometimes, other times it will show a green screen without responding to anything.
    Logs:
    https://logs.tinypilotkvm.com/1UQtmKpi

• 5 replies
    1. David @david2023-05-09 11:21:16.629Z

Hi @obz, sorry that you're running into this No Signal issue.

Thanks for sharing those logs! I can see in those logs that your TinyPilot is repeatedly trying to start the video stream, but it's failing.

If your TinyPilot's video stream was working before, and it's now intermittent, that may suggest your HDMI cable is broken or damaged. Can you try using a different HDMI cable to see if that solves the issue?

Can I ask whether you're using the VGA adapter?

In the meantime, our How do I fix a "No Signal" message? FAQ has more troubleshooting steps that I'd recommend trying if you haven't already.

1. O
        In reply toobz:
        @obz
          2023-05-09 15:01:37.866Z

@david Thanks for the response. We Just got the TinyPilot about a week ago and it has been having display issues since the first day. The HDMI cable between the tinypilot and the HDMI-to-VGA adapter(came with the tinypilot) is also new, but I can change it to check.

1. O
            In reply toobz:
            @obz
              2023-05-09 18:32:42.907Z

Changed the HDMI, unplugged everything, made sure that the usb to supply power to the VGA is properly connected, and also swapped target device(these are servers) but it did not work.

1. David @david2023-05-10 11:17:46.992Z

Thanks for confirming all of that, @obz.

Do you know the resolution that your servers typically output at when you use VGA normally (without TinyPilot)? I'm wondering if your servers are outputting at a resolution that isn't on our VGA adapter's supported resolution list.

It might be worth trying a different USB slot / power supply for the VGA adapter if you haven't already - just to confirm that the adapter is receiving power.

2. O
                In reply toobz:
                @obz
                  2023-05-09 18:33:58.664Z