No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Technical Support

bitlocker doesn't allow me to connect remotely

By Murmad Man @manimgoindowndown
    2023-05-18 00:57:03.538Zassigned to
    • @cghague

i need to physically have someone type in the bitlocker password onthe device i have my tinypilot hooked up to in order to get passed the bitlocker key. this surprised me as every other sort of hardware lock it can pass but not this one. anyway around it?

• 1 replies
    1. C

Hi Murmad, thanks for reaching out with your question about Bitlocker.

Bitlocker is often heavily restricted and so input and output is limited. The most common issue is that no video is displayed from Bitlocker despite video working when in the BIOS or Windows itself. If this is the case then you might find that keyboard input still works even when no video is being displayed. I appreciate it's a bit awkward, but could you please check if this is the case on your machine?

If input doesn't work at all when in Bitlocker then it's unlikely we can workaround the limitation. However, while looking into the issue I have seen reports suggesting that disabling "Fast Boot" can allow input from USB devices that otherwise aren't accepted by Bitlocker. If input doesn't work, could you please try turning off "Fast Boot" and seeing if it helps?